Part 5

Averi's POV:

There was nothing for I don't know how long. There was an emptiness but the emptiness was warm. I tried to see if there was any way out of this forsaken place but as my movement was limited. What once seemed like an endless cave, was now becoming smaller. It wasn't long before I could hear voices, they were a little muffled but I began to notice that they sounded a little familiar. Then it finally hit me, it was Julia's voice. 

"They say that you're able to hear my voice now. How's it going in there little one." She began    "I just can't wait for us to meet..again. Just know that you don't have to face what you did while you were out in the world with those people. Mama's going to protect you and make sure that you are loved." she finished. 

Oh my god. Was I inside of her? Was this the "IT" that she and the doctor talked about so long ago? I began to freak the hell out, pushing at the barrier that I now knew was her abdomen.

"Steve, she's moving come feel." She yelled to her husband. I heard the large thud of his huge feet come closer to me, well I guess it's us now. I continued kicking at the walls of her uterus and all I heard was 

"Jesus shes gonna have one hell of a kick. Maybe we could start her on the CLS soccer team when she's older." I heard Stevens muffled voice on the other side of Julia's flesh. 

Just then I began to grow hungry, I hope that she goes to get something to eat really quickly because honestly I really need to put something on my stomach. I could feel the movement of Julia as she got up and started walking, with every step she took, I could feel from inside her abdomen.

"Should I make the spicy curry chicken from hello fresh?" she asked Steven.

"I don't know it's up to you babe" I heard him reply

"Please nothing spicy" I thought to myself. "How about ice cream or chips?" 

"Nevermind I think she's telling me spicy is s no go. I'll just have Ice cream instead..... scratch that Ill have ice cream with some Lay's as a topping" she said. 

Within a few, my hunger was subsided as I enjoyed the sweet and salty combo. I rubbed my stomach and saw that I was attached to some long tube. "Oh I remember this, in one of my health classes, I remember that the umbilical cords helped mothers grow their babies." I thought. Not that Julia was any mother of mine. 

8 Months Pregnant

Julias POV:

Doctor Ownes wanted me to come into the lab to check and see if everything was going well with my pregnancy. 

"How are things going Mrs. Everett?" he asked.

"Things are going fine, she moves a lot. Its like she's trying to get out." I told him

"Well, you won't have to wait very long to meet her. Just a little bit longer. By this time next month, she should be in you and your husbands' arms." He said with a smile on his face. 

Dr.Owens positioned me to lie on my back as he did an ultrasound to make sure that the baby was doing good. He put a cold gel on my belly as he did every month and began looking for my baby girl. 

"Do you have any names picked out for the baby Mrs.Everett?" the doctor asked while looking at the screen.

"We have a couple in mind, but we aren't sure." I told him. 

"And there she is. Looks like your going to have a chubby baby" He told me.

My heart fluttered as I looked at her chubby cheeks on the screen. 

He wiped the gel off of my belly and told me that I could sit up "Would you like to discuss your birth plans. Keep in mind that everything doesn't always go according to plan." she asked

"Yeah, I would like a natural delivery. I want the entire drug free, vaginal birth. I watched a couple of birthing videos with a lot of the other soon to be parents down at the birthing center. I want to enjoy every moment." I said smiling back at the doctor. 

"As most moms do, we will try and make sure that you get what you want." See you soon.

Over the next couple of weeks, I began nesting making sure that the house was baby proofed, and making sure that the baby cameras were well and working.  I had just become 36 weeks pregnant, I waddled downstairs where Steve was getting ready to go to work. I told him that it wasn't long before she was here. He looked up with a smile and a wave of utter shock took his face.

"Babe.......?" He said pointing at me. 

"What?" I questioned

"I think we don't have to wait any longer" he stuttered "she's coming today" he finished.

I looked down at my pajama pants and noticed that they were soaked. All at once a wave of shock and utter happiness hit my heart. 

"Go upstairs and into our closet. On the floor, there is the birthing bag. Just set it by the door, I don't want to go to the birthing center rn. I read the labor takes hours." I told him. 

When he came back with the bag he looked at me as if I was crazy. I ha disrobed of all of my clothes and was sitting on a birthing ball, on our hardwood floor.

"Babe, shouldn't we go. You're in labor." he stated in panic. 

"No, I want to labor at home and then go to the center. Call the office and tell them that you won't be in for a couple of days. Here the birth of a child trumps everything. By the way, call Dr.Owens and tell him about my water." I instructed my husband to do. 

Within a couple of hours, all of my closet friends were here dressed in their white robes and was helping me through every painful contraction that came to my body. Dr.Owens Checked my cervix and told me that we should get me to the birth clinic because I was about six cm dilated.

The women walked me outside my house to the white van parked in my driveway. Steven was told to come in another van with the husbands. My naked body was shivering at the thought of the next contraction.

By the time we had gotten to the birthing center Dr.Owens told me that I had dilated to eight cm and needed to be in a birthing room soon. I was all settled in a room and Steven had walked in. The bed was in the middle of the room and everyone stood around us holding hands. Dr.Owens walked and checked my cervix again, it was time to push. 

With each push, I felt that all of my insides were gonna be pulled outside of me along with the baby.  I think that I pushed about five times and on the 6th there was some slight relief. I didn't hear any crying so I looked down to make sure that make sure that everything was okay. Dr.Owens was holding my baby in his arms while Steve cut her umbilical cord.

"Don't worry, this is completely normal. She will cry in a few" the doctor told me as he handed me my beautiful baby girl. 

"Babe, so what are we gonna call her?" asked Steve after everyone left the room

"I want her name to be Collins" I said.

He looked at me and smiled.