E N C H A N T I N G

"All that you are is all that I'll ever need."

~Ed Sheeran~

~🎀~

T H E  R I D E  home was a blur.

Once they had arrived, Freya somehow made it into the house and up to her bedroom without even realising she had moved. Her ears were ringing and coupled with Falcon's never-ending apologies, she felt like screaming. The only thing that stopped her was the shock that had frozen her system as she curled up on her bed, shutting her eyes and letting out a deep breath.

Her brain was slowly processing through what had happened and part of her wanted to start crying again but another part was more concerned about the hunched over figure at the edge of her bed.

Even though Freya was confused and scared and altogether five seconds away from having an emotional breakdown, she found herself crawling across the bed, tears stinging her eyes as she crept between Falcon's arms and curled up against his chest. Falcon didn't react, lost in his own self-damning thoughts as Freya nuzzled her way to the crook of his neck and entwined herself around him.

A moment of silence passed before Freya decided to speak.

"A-are you okay," She whispered softly.

Falcon let out a shaky laugh as he looked up at her with incredulous eyes.
"Am I okay?" He scoffed, clenching his eyes shut like he was in pain. "God knows what could have happened to you if I had left you alone in my room and you're asking me if I'm okay?"

Freya pulled back slightly from Falcon's chest as a pout formed on her lips. His hands ran through his hair before clenching a handful of it as they formed fists. Freya's brow creased in concern; that looked like it hurt.

She placed her hands on top of his, trying to gently pry them away from his hair. Without warning, Falcon let go and moved her off his lap before shooting off the bed.

"God, Freya," He growled, rubbing his hands down his face as he turned away from her.

His hands hooked behind his neck as he took a deep breath, turning back to face Freya.

"Do you even realise what could have happened to you?" He stressed, his hands had moved to his sides, shaking as tremors swept through his body.

"You could've gotten seriously hurt, Freya," He pressed the heels of his hands into his eyes as they stung with the promise of tears. "He could have raped you. Do you not understand that?"

Freya's bottom lip trembled as he raised his voice and her stomach clenched as pain washed through her chest.
"I'm so-sorry," She hiccupped, making Falcon uncover his eyes as he looked down at her tiny form in guilt.

He fell to his knees before her, letting his head fall into her lap.
"I'm the one that should be sorry, baby," He whispered, voice full of pain. "I wasn't thinking when I brought you there. You mess with my head whenever you're around and I didn't even think twice before driving you to my place." 

Freya whined as the need to comfort and be comforted overwhelmed her. She slid off the side of the bed, landing in a heap on top of his lap as she nestled her way back into his arms. Falcon reacted instantly, pulling her closer by her waist until she had her legs either side of his hips as she clutched onto him tighter.

"I'm sorry," He whispered into her hair as she sniffled from the after effect of her tears.

Freya didn't respond as he hugged her closer, choosing to close her eyes as they drooped from sudden exhaustion. It was still early in the morning, but Freya felt like she could sleep for years.