Clues Emerge

Feng Jin Yuan glance gratefully at the matriarch, "Many thanks mother for understanding. Son knows what is necessary."

"Un." The matriarch nodded. Turning around, she headed out of the courtyard with granny Zhao's assistance. As she left, she said: "Son, you are grown now. You will have your own plans. Your children will also be the same. I hope that when you grow old, you will not be as powerless as I am. Yao shi is right. If there comes a day where the Yao family returns to its former might, it would be too late for you to regret it."

Feng Jin Yuan scowled but did not speak. In truth, he had considered the words Yao shi said before. The Emperor's attitude towards the Yao family was already clear based on how Zi Rui had entered Yun Lu Academy and how the Yao family's grandchildren would be permitted to participate in the Imperial exams. But with the ninth prince's feelings for Feng Yu Heng, so long as he desired, pardoning the Yao family was as simple as saying it.

But with matters reaching its current situation, if he did not continue to be unyielding, then what face... would he have left!

He pondered for a long time then slightly raised his head and called into the emptiness: "Hidden guard!"

A person's shadow flashed forward, and a hidden guard dressed in black stood before Feng Jin Yuan.

"Have you discovered any movements?" He asked.

The hidden guard replied: "The hidden guard at second young miss' side is also searching, but he still has not found her. It seems... second young miss suddenly went missing."

The news brought by the hidden guard caused Feng Jin Yuan to scowl. The hidden guard at Feng Yu Heng's side was sent by the ninth prince. If even he could not find her, then what did that mean?

Feng Jin Yuan could not help but turn his attention towards the burned down room. Could it be that she had really been burned to death inside?

That's impossible! He shook his head self-servingly. If Feng Yu Heng had really died so easily, she would not have caused him such a headache.

"Watch over the movements of the other side." Feng Jin Yuan handed down this order to the hidden guard, "You guys also go search. If she is alive, I must see her. If she is dead, I must see her corpse."

The hidden guard cupped his hands then disappeared in a flash.

Feng Jin Yuan stood alone, but the more he thought, the more he felt this matter was odd. For example, like how Jin Zhen had said that this fire was odd. He also did not believe that the Feng clan residence would catch fire for no apparent reason. Thinking a little more, tonight's Chen Yu was also quite unusual.

But he still would prefer for Feng Yu Heng to have perished in this fire. Although he would not be able to give the ninth prince an explanation, he had no control over such things as fire. When the time came, he would push all of the responsibility on Feng Yu Heng and pretend that it was her carelessness that caused the fire.

In the worst case scenario, he would greet the Emperor first. He still had a trump card left. Every year, as Winter began, the Winter would hit hardest in the northern parts of Da Shun. This year, he had made preparations before hand. Not only had he been in contact with all the rice merchants in the area, he had also put quite some thought into the construction of city defenses. When the time came, so long as he told these things to the Emperor, matters of the country came first, after all. He estimated that the ninth prince would not act out randomly.

Feng Jin Yuan had such a plan, so he began to look forward to the complete disappearance of Feng Yu Heng.

Yet at this time, inside Yao shi's room, An shi and Xiang Rong were at her side. Wang Chuan desperately held back Huang Quan, as Huang Quan struggled to head out while shouting: "Don't stop me! Let me go kill Feng Chen Yu! Regardless of how the young miss is, I must kill that girl before I can calm down."