Bartender

You there, the bartender with pretty eyes and plump lips. I wish I could talk to you without stuttering. I'm 16 going on 17, you're 29 going on 30. You've seen the world at it's worst and best, seen humanity in all sorts of shapes and forms. I've barely left the doorway of my bedroom.

This is the 3rd time you're giving me a mojito on the house without carding me, even though I wear my age like a badge of honour in my millennial-pink furs slides and strawberry-flavoured coral gloss. 

Your hand ripples with veins and muscles and the unspoken secrets of all the hands you've held. When your hand lingers on mine as you pass me the drink, I can't help but wonder if I could be one of those secrets. 

I see the red and blue flashing lights in my peripheral vision every time I imagine your lips on mine, your hands sliding through my hair and my whimpers swallowed in your mouth.

I imagine what your skin feels like beneath my tongue and I open eyes to find you flirting with a lady more your age. I know now that I am just a 16-year-old with a cleavage and a face full of makeup, but I wish I could be more. 

~

This is a little something that is heavily inspired by something I read on Tumblr a while back. If anyone knows who wrote the original that inspired me, please comment it!