Thirty Seven- It Begins

It took a while to peel Calu off of my brother. Rainer was turning blue by the time Winnie and I had Calu restrained. Winnie left Calu with me to check on Rainer. He tried getting up.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." I whispered to Calu. I laid my body on top of his so that he wouldn't move. I kissed Calu's cheek down to my mark and back. He wasn't as affected by it as I would be. I realized that I would have to make it so Calu was holding me.

I curled up in a ball and pressed my face into his neck. I sighed. It was midnight now, and I was tired. I felt so safe in Calu's arms. I fell asleep laying on Calu who was laying on the floor.

/\/\/Six Months Later\/\/\

I feel so round. I can't paint my toes anymore. Why do Alpha babies have to be so big? Calu walked slowly behind me as I made my way to the kitchen.

When we walked in Rainer, who visits once every month so he can still be an inside source, was kissing Winnie on the nose. The rest of the family was here too.

"Hey!" I said happily. "What did you need?"

"We have news." Rainer said nervously. Winnie gave me our secret signal to calm Calu down. I pressed my face into Calu's arm. He wrapped it around me and pulled me closer.

"We're having a baby." Winnie said nervously. Ryder's face went white then red.

"What? You're fifteen." He said angrily.

"Ashes and Calu have been expecting since the night of their wedding." Winnie said and I blushed a deep red while Calu went a light pink.

"Ashes is older than you by five years." Ryder yelled.

"They're already having a baby, what can you do?" I asked. "Nothing. It's already there and already loved. They are married, you know." Ryder turned to look at me, his face creased in anger.

"I agree with Ashes." Trudy said and Ryder turned to look at her.

"I will help Winnie too. I would love a niece or nephew." Calu said. Everyone turned to look at him shocked. He just shrugged. "Well, I agree with Ashes."

All if a sudden Rainer's eyes glazed over and then his face went white. "Winnie get to the safe house now!" he yelled. "All women go! The war has begun."

Calu looked at me and gave me a look that said, "please." I shook my head.

'This war needs me." I said.

"But you're due any day now. What if you go into labour?" he argued knowing I would want to protect my baby.

"Then and only then I will go to the safe house. I need to call the sirens and the faeries." I rushed out of the room to grab a phone. I quickly notified the allies of the situation.

This war was coming, and we were going to win it.