Chapter Two- I could sink my teeth into that...

"Some day shove the girls back." Cale - who was now Alpha -was cleaning out the gravel from my leg before it got infected. "You may be Omega but you're our sister. We wouldn't claim you as our mate."

"Try telling the crazy chicks that!" Cale rolled his eyes and laughed. "All you or Rainer have to do is look at me and some girl is making me eat gravel. And let me tell you, mountain gravel tastes nasty!" Cale pulled a large piece of gravel out of my shin. He set it on the tray of bloody gravel that came out of my arms and legs.

"I'm going to dump this fifty kilometers from here. Keep the vampires off our trail."

Cale was completely serious which scared me. Vampires were nasty creatures with fangs that often measured ten centimeters long! They hated human blood contrary to popular belief. Werewolves to vampires was like a juice box to a human toddler.

"Stay safe Cale." I said my voice shaking.

"Aww is the little baby afraid of some big bad blood suckers?" Rainer taunted me.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I am you idiot." I retorted.

"Well Cale hurry on with disposing of the Omega's blood covered rocks." Rainer rolled his eyes.

"You may be of higher rank than me, but I will not tolerate you disrespecting our Alpha. Apologize right now to Cale!" I growled at Rainer. I was on the ground in the next second. Cale pulled a member of Rainer's fan club off of me as my face was turning purple. I gasped.

"To your cots in your dorms right now ladies!" Cale yelled. I looked at Cale with what I hope were wounded eyes. He had a stony expression on his face. His eyes softened when I felt a tear slip down my cheek. I adored Cale, however pack law is pack law.

"Yes Alpha." I mumbled. I turned away as the fan said the same thing. My body hadn't healed yet so I limped to my bunk in shame.

I had a special bunk because 'I was different' as my Dad put it. Mom had faerie blood. Her mother was full faerie and her father was wolf. Like wolf wolf. As in 'aroooooo' wolf. No human form, nada, zilch, zippo. Mom's mother was very powerful.

I inherited the faerie powers. Just simple stuff though, unlike my mom. I can create fire on my finger tips, control water, you know; the simple stuff. Mom and Daddy wanted to hide it from the pack. Only Daddy knows now.

I reached the opening for my dorm. Everything was made out of mountain rock in the pack hold. Furniture was carved from the natural slate that was found in the mountain walls. Everyone had their own mattress. My bed was the only top bunk in the whole facility. Most went to the ceiling and had heavy velvet curtains for warmth and privacy.

Mine was above the bathroom for our dorm. It was more of a powder room. No tub or shower. We did that at the mountain spring. We had constructed a wall system so nobody can see other people naked.

I had to pull myself up with a rope that I usually hid. Then I would slip under and through my velvet curtain that was always shut. The hole itself wasn't very large and I could move a rock to block the entrance from the inside. Inside I could stand up with about an inch of room to spare. That's impressive because I'm five feet and eight inches tall. I put tons of pillows in my bed and comfy blankets. I had a deep shelf that was four feet high, three feet wide and four feet deep. I threw all clean clothes in there. It was in front of the opening.

Inside my nest of pillows I played with my fire. Lighting up my bunk then extinguishing the light, I did that over and over again until I was allowed out at dinner. When I left, I saw that the Eastern Canada pack had came to visit. Their territory was basically the Canadian Shield and the Great Lakes-Saint Lawrence Lowlands. That's over half of Canada! Their Alpha was the most powerful Alpha in the world and was unmated.

I simply cannot wait to see our females throw themselves at him! *gagging noises*

My best friend left two years ago to be with her mate who was Beta of that pack. I made sure to catch up with Amberlee. She was sitting with Daniel, her mate. I went straight up to her and hugged her.

"Charcoal!!!" Amberlee squealed while I laughed at my nickname. "You look amazing!!!"

"Leelee! You're glowing!!" I said. I took a step back. "Are you... expecting?" I whispered my eyes growing wide. She nodded enthusiastically. We both squealed again while bouncing up and down.

"Four months." Amberlee said. Daniel was looking proudly at Leelee but when his gaze shifted to behind me his eyes grew wide. I ignored his stare. "Cale is Alpha?"

I nodded. "How's the Alpha of your pack? Is he nice?" She nodded and looked behind me. She went pale. "What? Is something wrong?" I asked. She shook her head and turned me around.

The Alpha of the Shield pack was talking to my brothers! And the Alpha is really hot too! Oh my! *swoon* Daniel took Leelee over so that my brothers can see her again.

I sit down at the table looking exactly like the socially impaired Omega I am. Now would be a good time to explain that Leelee is fifty years older than I am and is in human years seventy. I really am the baby because I'm only eighteen. She was my babysitter when I was little and we grew to be best friends. Yeah it is weird. I know.

I see Cale point at me from my lonely table position. The Alpha nods his head and says something that I can't pick up over the racket. That Alpha is something I could sink my teeth into. He's sooooooo hot with his chocolate brown shaggy hair, hazel eyes and full lips.

"Charcoal!!! Get over here!!!" Leelee yells. I slowly rise and walk over to the group. Cale puts his arm around me.

"This is my sister." Cale explains. I nod my head. Rainer grabs my head not so gently and bares my neck for me.

I look down to the ground and mutter "Sorry I often forget to bare my neck. Rainer does not do that usually," I add in my mind that he does, "however I was incapable of showing submission myself and he guided my to proper manners. It is my sincere apologies that I am offering you." I recited what Rainer told me to say. I bared my neck again, specifically the side with my jugular, bowed my head and left. Once I had turned my back I silently started to cry.