2- Welcome Home

Luke carries his new little girl into his house with a beaming smile.

"Welcome to your new home, princess." He coos.

She glances around nervously, clenching Luke's iPhone in her fist. Luke chuckles and tries to take it away, making the raven haired girl whine in protest.

"Ah ah ah, be a good girl." He sighs, he wants to chuckle but instead he gives her a stern look, knowing that for the moment facial expressions are one of the twos few ways of communicating, and he doesnt want to confuse the girl.

She huffs, still stubbornly refusing to hand over the phone. Luke pinches her thigh and she yelps, handing over the phone when he tugs it out of her grip this time.

"Thank you, good girl." He smiles at her as she pouts, rubbing the spot he'd pinched her.

He carries her around the house, showing her everything, every room, and she curiously looks around and listens to the man who is- so far unknown to her- her new daddy.

Luke, not knowing what kind of little he would get, hasn't decorated her room, or bought her clothes, or toys, or anything yet, other than a crib and changing table and dresser.

So today, they'll go shopping, he decides.

If Delilah had been acting scared or nervous at all, he might've decided that he'd give her today to get used to everything, but the small girl seems excited and ready. He figured she'll be fine.

"Are you hungry, babydoll?" He asks the young girl, chuckling at the wide, innocent green eyes she greeted him with. He carries her to the kitchen and sets her on the counter, opening the fridge.

"Hmm... how about yogurt?" He grabs the honey vanilla yogurt and a spoon before going back over to Delilah and standing in front of her.

He gets a spoonful of yogurt and holds it in front of her mouth and she raises an eyebrow and looked at Luke, who chuckles and pops the spoon into his own mouth at her hesitation, humming at the taste, which makes the little girl giggle.

Once again, he gets a spoonful of the creamy sweet substance and holds it in front of her plump pink lips. This time, she wraps her lips around the spoon and eats it without hesitation, copying Luke in humming at the sweet flavor.

She smiles at Luke as he continues to feed her, and once they are done, Luke grabs a backpack and packs some snacks for her, and juice, and a few things for her to do in the car, like coloring books.

Luke figured she'd be skeptical about the coloring books, seeing as she's been put into this against her will, but after a quick glance she goes right along, grabbing crayons that she sees and putting them in the bag too.

Luke chuckles and picks her up, carrying the small girl out to the car.

As soon as she's in, and so was Luke, she begins whining and making grabby hands at Luke.

He raises an eyebrow, wondering what she's looking to receive.

She tries to put her hands in his pockets and he laughs, realizing shes fishing for his phone.

"No, baby, I think you've played on the phone enough for today. Why don't you color?" He says as he grabs the coloring book out of the bag along with the box of crayons, setting them in her lap.

She whines out something in her own language, but Luke shakes his head.

Once again, she tries for Luke's phone, trying to shove her hands in his pocket.