Chapter Ten: Let's go and Rob a Bank!

Claire POV:

"Awe come on Johnny, just do it! Have some fun for once in ya boring old life!" the blonde calls out swinging around her mallet. Jonathan sighs and shakes his head. We are all sat in Jonathan's and Edward's apartment. By all of us I mean, myself, Jonathan, Edward, Dent, the Joker, Harley, Selena, and Ivy. Meanwhile, Victor and Jervis are planning their next plans to fool Batman or something like that. 

"You know he won't do it, Harley, he's a coward," mocks BBQ face. I chuckle and shake my head jumping to my feet.

"I'm not a coward, Dent," Jonathan warns in a dark voice. I watch as the tension between the two starts to tighten. 

"I'll come," I say whilst waving my hand. Dent glances at me and smirks. Jonathan notices this and he goes to move.

"Never mind Johnny Boy, we have this sweet thing to come with us instead," Dent cheers changing his mind almost instantly. I scowl as he puts his hands on my waist and pulls me into him. I glance over to see Jonathan's faced turn from annoyed to pissed off within a matter of seconds. He reaches over to the side of the couch and I notice the coffee table drawer beside him start to open. Glistening in the light, I see what looks like to be a syringe. Fear toxin. Now as much as I would love to see Dent screaming in fear, I have some morals when it comes to my new friendships and none of us need to be dealing with a frightened Dent, as much as I despise the man.

I shove him away and twirl my hands around a strand of my hand and smile sweetly at Dent. I lean over to him, my lips almost touching his earlobe. I notice that he visibly shivers and I see the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. Perfect...

"Hey Harvey, I think I now know why you use a coin as your choice of weapon. No, actually I know why you are a coin," I purr into his ear. I look and see Harley tilting her head to the side, Edward smirking at me with his arms folded, and Jonathan still glaring daggers at Dent.

"And why's that sweetness?" he says as though butter wouldn't melt. I laugh lightly and smile at him biting my lip. I pull away slightly and look him in the eyes.

"Because not only are you two-faced, literally. But you are dirty and also like to get into others pants," I state. Dent's face turns from happy to confused and finally to the realization of what I have just said. He scowls at me and I grin at him.

"Am I wrong?" I ask him and walk back over to Jonathan who has a pleased smirk on his face. I lean my head on his shoulder and he pulls me closer to him by my waist. Dent walks away and sits on a seat in the corner of the room and I see him pull out his coin and look at it. I laugh and turn back to Jonathan. 

"Please Jonathan, it wouldn't be the same without you," I say to him truthfully. He raises a brow at me and I nudge his shoulder playfully. 

"Besides, I need to get my name out there. Gotham needs to know what true fear is," I try to persuade him. I look at Edward to try to help me out and he nods his head and jumps to his feet. 

"Riddle me this, she's the head of a hive. On a chessboard, she is seen. She's in a deck of cards. Which means that she is a..." he asks. I look at Jonathan looks at me and sighs shaking his head. Edward then continues with another riddle. 

"I make you weak at the worst of all times. I keep you safe, I keep you fine. I make your hands sweat at times, and your heart grow cold. I visit the weak but seldom the bold. What am I?" Jonathan matches the two answers together and he looks over at me quizzically. 

"The King is only a good ruler with the strength of a Queen at his side," I state. His blue piercing eyes stare into my own. I smile at him and take my hands in his.