Chapter Seven: A new Awakening

I walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me locking it. I sigh and turn to the mirror in front of me. I look and see that my hair is tangled and I look like a mess. My eyes have dark purple bags under them and the brightness of my face has faded away. I look weak and sickly. 

I walk in the bathroom and turn on the shower. As the hot water falls, I strip myself of the clothes and get under the water. I wash my hair in coconut scented shampoo and conditioner. The body wash I use is scented with free strawberries which I happily scrub on my body. I close my eyes as relaxation takes place. I sooth myself in all the luxury I get before getting out of the shower and wrapping myself in a white fluffy towel. I wipe down the mirror of condensation and see that I don't look as lifeless as I did before. I then see the golden light reflecting off of my chest. I look down and hold my heart locket in my hand. 

"Matt... Toby..." I whisper mournfully and close my eyes. A single tear escapes and splatters to the floor. I look back at my reflection and wipe my finger under my eye stopping the tears. But what I see as I glance back up at the mirror scares me to the bone. 

My reflection isn't showing me wiping my face anymore, in fact its not mimicking or copying my moves, it is showing me smirking with a sinister look on my face. My eyes are bright and the golden flakes show themselves clearly. I have black eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner. My lips are blood red and my hair... my hair is a fiery red colour that is curled perfectly. 

"This is what you want Claire, this is your calling. You are still weak, lonely and pathetic. But all you need to do is look like me, act like me... And be me. Let me take over everything. Let me be there for you like I used to, let me control your moves and make you have the confidence to move on with your life. Let me be your tutor and show you the way you were meant to live." I instantly recognise that voice. I stare at my reflection in horror. This can't be happening, this isn't real... 

"I thought you were a voice in my head. You were my imagination, something that I only had nightmares about. This is impossible. This can't be happening..." I mutter panicking. 

"I was never the voice in your head Claire, I have always been here. I was there when you met Matthew and fell in love for the first time. I was there to help you endure the pain of childbirth. I was there when you raised Toby and bought Matthew that watch. I have always been with you." She tells me. I shake my head and start to wander back until my back hits the door. My breathing becomes shaky and all she does is smile at me.

"No... No... You couldn't have, that's impossible." I whisper in fright. She smirks and then shakes her head tutting lightly. 

"You should know by now nothing is impossible Claire. I was even there when you found them both dead. I was there with you when we were put in Arkham. I was the only person you ever talked to." Realisation finally kicks in. 

"Voodoo..." She smiles and nods her head. I walk towards the mirror and feel myself placing my hand against the cold glass. She places her hand where mine is on the other side and her eyes flash black. 

"Now we shall become one, body, soul and mind." She states whilst giggling like a maniac.

Suddenly, I start to feel myself getting weak. I feel my hand slip from the mirror and my body crash to the ground. I register no pain, I feel nothing. I start to see black dots and my vision turns blurred. I look up and see a figure standing above me smiling. The figure reaches down and strokes my cheek.