Chapter Seventeen - Death is only the beginning

Hi, I'm back and I bring one of the last chapters of 'The Mummy-The lost Princess part 1'

I'm so excited, it's almost been a year since I started publishing it. 

Okay, I hope you enjoy this last chapter!

Third person POV

Evy let go of Kiya's limp and blood-soaked body, she moved away from Johnathan towards the tables again. After a while Johnathan looked up and saw she was holding the black book, he yelled at her, "Evy! We need to find the inscription now!"

She jolted a little as if awakening but put down the book and helped Johnathan find the inscription. Johnathan said to her impatiently with tears shining in his eyes, "Hurry, Evy! Hurry!"

Evy choked out scolding him, "You're not helping."

Evy tried to hold back more tears as she searched the pages of the golden book. Imhotep by then had Rick and was choking him to death. But he suddenly stopped when Evy said loudly, "I've got it! Kadeesh mal. Kadeesh mal. Pared oos. Pared oos."

Suddenly, a ghostly chariot appeared and rode through Imhotep and took his immortal soul and disappeared. Rick grabbed his sword and said backing away, "I thought you said it was gonna kill him!"

Imhotep walked towards them and Rick stabbed him and blood appeared and Imhotep gasped, stunned that he felt the pain. Evy said victoriously, "He's mortal."

She smiled triumphantly at Imhotep, glad that they got their revenge for killing Kiya. Imhotep staggered backwards into the dark pool and started turning back into a corpse. He spoke his last words and Evy translated them, "Death... is only the beginning."

The chamber suddenly started to shake and collapse and Rick said quickly, "Time to go."

He started to leave but Evy said pleading, "We have to take Kiya."

Rick went back and picked up her body and started to race out of there and said, "Okay, now let's go."

As they ran away Johnathan tripped and dropped the golden book into the water, and he raced after Rick but Evy stopped and said, "You've lost the book! Jonathan, I can't believe..."

But Johnathan dragged her away and said, "Come on!"

They raced out of there and came to the treasure chamber and Johnathan stopped and said, "Couldn't we just..."

Evy and Rick said dragging him away, "No, Jonathan!"

As they were exiting the chamber the roof came down to crush them they heard Beni yelling, "O'Connell! O'Connell! Wait!"

Rick said to him while still holding Kiya's dead body, "Come on, come on."

Beni yelled again, "Wait! Please!"

Rick said to him again, "Come on, come on! Beni!"

Before Beni could get through the closing door it closed shut trapping him. Rick then said with no guilt, "Good-bye, Beni."

They all raced out of the tunnels and into the daylight, but the city was falling and crashing all around them. Rick struggled but he held on to Kiya as they tried to dodge them and eventually they made it to safety while following camels. Finally, they stopped and they watched the city sink beneath the sand, lost forever.

Suddenly, Johnathan let out a cry as a bandaged hand came down on his shoulder. They turned and found that it was Ardeth and Johnathan said to him sarcastically, "Thank you very much."