Chapter Eleven- Vision

Hi, I'm back with a new chapter. So enjoy.

----------------------------------------

Later that night- 

I was lying on the ground watching O'Connell teach Evy how to punch while drunk. O'Connell said to her, "Hey, tough stuff, try a right hook. Ball up your fist and put it... put it up like that."

He moved her hands to the right position and Evy said mumbling, "Mm-hmm."

O'Connell said again guiding her, "And then mean it. Hit it right here."

Evy said drunkenly, "I mean it!"

She started giggling as she hit him and O'Connell helped her to the ground. He said to her, "Okay. Okay, it's time for another drink"

Evy said to him grabbing the bottle of grog, "Unlike my brother, sir... I know when to say no."

She took a swig of the grog and whipped her mouth, while O'Connell said looking at her, "And unlike your brother, miss... you, I just don't get."

Evy said drunkenly and nodding her head, "I know."

I bit back a laugh and she continued, "You're wondering... what is a place like me is doing in a girl like this."

I smirked at this and knew she was completely drunk, then O'Connell said looking utterly confused but knowing what she meant also, "Yeah, something like that."

Evy continued her story she told everyone about our parents, "You see Egypt is in my blood."

She pulled out her locket containing a picture of her father and mother, who were my adoptive parents. She continued on, "You see, my-my father... was a very, very famous explorer and he loved Egypt so much... he married my mother, who was an Egyptian... and quite an adventurer herself."

O'Connell said pointing at the locket and Johnathan, "I get your father, and I get your mother... and, uh... I get him, but... what are you and your sister doing here?"

Evy hissed in frustration and said standing up, "Look, w-we may not be... explorers... or-or adventurers... or treasure seekers or gunfighters. Mr O'Connell... but we are proud of what we are."

I chose not to interfere for I knew something else would happen. O'Connell asked her looking amused, "And what is that?"

Evy took a moment to think and said proudly smiling, "We... are librarians."

And she fell to her knees in front of him and said, "And I am going to kiss you... Mr O'Connell."

He said coolly but looking eager, "Call me Rick."

Evy said beaming "Oh, Rick."

Evy leant in and he also did as well and then she fell asleep and slumped into his lap. He had a disappointed look on his face, then gently laid her down. I sat up and said to him smirking, "Nice try, Ricky, you were so close, and she really likes you and it will be really disappointing when she can't remember what happened tonight."

He growled at me warningly and said, "Not a word of this."

I replied playfully, "Fine but can I call you Rick from now on too."

He sighed and said, "Yes, ok... Oh, hey can I ask you something?"

I looked at him curiously and replied, "Yes, sure."

He asked curiously but looking as if he was intruding, "How come you don't look like your brother or sister, and you have a different accent."

I had been asked this question hundreds of times, but I was used to it. I answered calmly, "I'm adopted. They found me and took me in, but unfortunately, they died a few years ago."

He looked down and said looking uncomfortable, "Oh, I'm sorry."

I replied shrugging "It's okay."

He asked me another question looking up, "What are those tattoos on your hands, neck and shoulders?"

He could see my shoulder one's because of the sheer sleeves, and the other ones I hadn't bothered to cover up. I replied shrugging looking as if it was a normal question, "I don't know, I lost my memory as a child. I had them on me when they found me so I don't know why I have them; I was probably from a tribe that perished they thought."

It was a lie, but I had to lie. No one is meant to know who I am or where I came from. Rick looked like he didn't get the answer he wanted and he said, "Oh."

He finally said after an awkward pause, "I'm going to get some sleep."

He turned over and went to sleep. But I couldn't sleep all I could think about was Ardeth. It had to be Ardeth, he had the same eyes and tattoos but he was older and had a beard. I stood up to go for a walk and went to the outer part of the city near a column, my long ebony hair drifted in the slight breeze. I sat down and started to drift into a deep dream gripping a blanket close to me.

Vision -

I was walking down a corridor in the city but it was in ancient times, this I knew because everything was new and I was wearing different clothing, and it was just like my other vision. I rounded the corner and collided into muscular tanned flesh, and I looked up into the man's face and recognised him as Ardeth. But instead, I said words that I couldn't control saying, "Husband?! You should be getting ready for Imhotep's cursing."

He replied back and his eyes wandered over me protectively, "But I was worried about you and came to find you and see if you had the put the curse on the book and hid it. Can I not worry about my wife?"

I laughed and it echoed around the corridor and said, "But I am the sister of the pharaoh. The gods will make sure no harm comes to me. I have Hathor's Ring."

He replied back hurriedly now, "We must hurry, the ceremony will start soon."

He grabbed my hand tightly in his and we walked down the corridor, then the image started to fade into blackness.

Hamunaptra - Night

I woke up suddenly and I gasped aloud, but I soon realised I was not at camp because I wandered off and fell asleep. I sat there for a while and wondered if what I had was a vision of my past life, it would make sense. I stood up and wandered a bit further away from camp thinking deeply about it. I did not register the muffled footsteps on the sand. Suddenly, a hand firmly clambered over my mouth and another arm around my waist muffling my screams and constraining me. A husky voice said calmly into my ear, "Kiya. It's me."

I tensed hearing my name and I felt the person let go of me slowly and I spun around. My heart started to race fast recognising the face, Ardeth. 

-------------------------------

Oh, I'm so cruel.