TWENTY-THREE: Home

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

The plane ride back to Minnesota Minneapolis wasn't as long as I thought, well I slept most of the time anyway, tired from everything that happened the past few hours. Connie, Adam, Charlie, Jesse, Guy, Fulton, Goldberg and I said goodbye to the teens departing back to their home towns, it hurt to let the people I've gotten close to go.

I tightly hugged Julie as her mom arrived to the airport, ready for her to go back to Miami.

"I love you so much Kimmy, I'm gonna miss you!" Julie cried when we broke from our hug.

I felt tears fall down my cheeks, "I love you too, I'm gonna miss you so much! I'll see you soon though."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

I laughed, "I'm turning 14 soon, I'm inviting everyone on the team at my house for my birthday party!"

Julie squealed and her mother called for her, telling her the flight was leaving soon, "Oh my god,  alright I'll tell my mom but send me letters and email me!" The blonde yelled as she bounced her way over to her mom and they went in line for their plane.

I waved to her as she and her mom walked into the doors, leaving my sight. I sighed and turned back to everyone else. I gave all of the boys that had to fly back to their home towns hugs and wished them good luck on their flight. But for the rest of us, we got into a group hug and then went our separate ways, we'll see each other around again.

I turned towards Adam, noticing his small frown, "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah," He gazed around me, in search of someone. "I'll call you later?" He questioned, his pupils dilating as his eyes fell on something, or someone. I could only nod before he rushed away and I sighed, seeing him walk up to his father. The man greeted him before putting a rough hand on the back of his sons neck, causing to him wince. They left my sight and I glancing around the buzzing airport for my own dad.

I saw the familiar mop of chocolate waves, my feet guiding my over towards the man before I can recollect what I'm even doing. My dads brown eyes met mine and he started pushing his way through the crowd too, I could hear my sisters feet behind me but I pay no mind to them. 

Connie and I met our dad halfway before we were clinging to his side, his arms engulfed around the two of his daughters. I stuffed my face into his hoodie, getting a whiff of home and it took over my senses causing me to immediately relax. 

"How are my girls?" He asked, squeezing us into his side. 

Connie spoke first, "Good, where's mom?"

"That's what I was gonna ask."

"Too slow, old lady-" 

"She's at home, we've got a little surprise for you waiting there." Dad grinned from ear to ear.