TWENTY-TWO: Ducks fly together

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

  Today we had our practice very early in the morning and we were at the ice rink in the locker rooms, getting ready for our game versing Iceland.

"Coach! Coach!" A familiar voice yelled from the locker room stairwell.

I turned around from putting my gear on to see Adam running down the stairs with all of his hockey gear, looking pleased.

Gordon stared at him waiting for him to explain, "I woke up, and the pain was gone." Adam said and easily rotated his hockey stick, the team celebrated. "Adam I'm sorry, but we already have a full roster." Coach informed apologetically.

Adam frowned, "He can take my spot," Someone spoke up.

I looked over and saw Charlie stepping up to them, taking off his hockey jersey, "It's what I can do for the team." Adam was about to say something but Charlie cut him off, "Let me do it." I smiled and mouthed thank you and he smiled back saying no problem.

"Charlie I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me." Coach handed Charlie a clipboard, patting his shoulder. Charlie beamed and clutched on the wood in his hands excitedly.

"You got it, coach!"

We all glided out onto the middle of  the rink, the crowd roaring around us. We waved to the fans in the rushing sea of people and they of course went ballistic. We skated to the bench and waited for coach to begin his usual pep talk before the game.

"Heads high, stand tall, fly straight!" Coach yelled as we all put out hands in the middle of our huddle, "USA!"

"All the way!" We shouted back. We broke apart from our circle and the players in for this round hopped back out onto the ice, waiting for the game to began.

The referee blew his whistle and Averman faced off a Icelander, I was on his right wing. When the referee dropped the puck, the ginger was immediately shoved to the ground by the Iceland player.

I skated to him and helped him up, "You alright?" He nods and we skate down the ice, following after the player that has the puck.

The boy with the puck passed it along to one of his teammates and they race down the ice, taking a shot towards our goal but somehow ended up missing his shot.

I flew faster towards our goal and take the puck from Goldberg, dodging Iceland players that got too close. As I continued my way down the ice, I was suddenly thrown forward and all of the air was knocked out of me as I was shoved up against the glass by a strong force. I coughed as the player let me drop limp to the frozen ground, trying to catch my breath. I stood up from the ground and followed after him with determination.