88:Chris Imagine for @outsiders_love

For outsiders_love

You glanced out your window. Ugh, you thought. He's here.

By he, you meant Chris Chambers. Your mom hired him to do yard work, like mowing the lawn and other things, but quite frankly, you didn't want to have anything to do with him. You knew about his reputation, and that was reason enough to steer clear.

There was a knock at your door, taking your attention away from the window.

Your mom popped her head in. "Izzy, I have to run to the store. I'll be gone for a couple hours, alright? I left some money next to the phone. Give it to the boy when he's done."

You nodded. "Okay. Got it." You gave her a smile before she left your room.

You groaned at the thought of having to even give him money, but it wasn't like you had to carry on a full comversation.

You were doing homework when you heard a knock on the front door. You put your homework aside and rolled off your bed and walked to the front door.

You opened it to see Chris standing there, sweaty with a few pieces of grass in his blond hair.

"Um, your mom said to-" he began.

"Yeah, hold on," you replied quickly. You walked to hall and got the money before returning. You handed him the money. "Here."

He wiped some sweat from his forehead with one arm while he put the money in his pocket with the other hand. "Thanks."

He was about to turned around to leave, but you stopped him. "Uh, Chris?" He looked back at you, surprised by your addressing him. "Do you want something to drink? I think we have some lemonade."

He smiled gratefully. "That would be real nice."

You let him in and got both of you a glass of lemonade. You two stood in your kitchen, awkwardly at first. However, once a couple awkward exchanges went by, you both loosened up a little, and even made each other laugh.

This went on several more times when he came to do yard work. You two would just talk and talk like you'd been best friends for years.

One particular day, you felt like you needed to tell him something.

"Chris?" You two were sitting on your front porch.

"Yes Izzy?" he replied, after taking a sip of lemonade.

"I'm gonna be completely honest," you began, "before this month, I thought you were a trouble-making jerk."

To your surprise, he just laughed. "I don't blame you. I kind of acted like one sometimes, but to be honest, I thought you were kind of a brat when I started working here."

You raised your eyebrows in mock offense. "A brat? Excuse me?"

He laughed again. "Yeah, but a cute brat." He leaned over and kissed your cheek. He had a smile still on his lips as he sat back straight.

"Yeah?" You smiled shyly, looking down at your lap.

He nodded. "Yeah."

You looked out to the lawn. "Hey Chris?"

"Mmhm," he replied.

"I think you missed a spot when you were raking."

Later than I thought I'd have it up, but here it is! I hope you like it! Slowly but surely I'm getting thru these requests. M'kay.

~Mariah