Chapter 9: Good Luck

IRIS/PHANTOM POV

I watch as Trixie pulled Johnny out the car and Team Danger secured the triplets. "Set them in the family guest room on the last level." I shout to them as they made their way into the company's living quarters whilst we made our way into the main building. I tell the others to head to the meeting room first before I barge into Ed's office without knocking. He was talking to a private investigator. Ed paid no attention to me but the investigator who looked like he was in his mid 40s. "How dare you barge in into a private meeting? Get out this instant!" He yelled. Someone didn't get their late night coffee. I replied in a bored monotone voice. "Relax officer. I'm just here to get what I came for."

Ed throws me the envelope. I ripped the opening and counted the stacks of cash inside. 2 million, not bad. I knew the investigator was looking above my shoulder as when I turned around his jaw was dropped. He immediately faced Ed. "Edward! That was the money I paid you to help me find the missing Vans! How dare you casually pass the money on to this spoiled brat." I shove the envelope into my jacket's inner pocket. And as I walked out backwards towards the door, I gave a wave to the investigator. "I found them by the way." A fake smile plastered on as I exited the office. As the door closed and I make my way back to the others, I couldn't help but click my tongue in annoyance. "Tsk. Investigators coming one by one but not appreciating the help they get."

JOHNNY POV

I was suddenly thrown onto something soft and a huge force dropped on my body. The bag on my head was removed and I immediately get up, ready to defend myself but it turned out to be just a duffel bag. "Here. Your family packed it for you. It contains your clothes and other necessities you may need. You're not allowed to meet them yet as you are still under victim custody." I open the bag to find some of my old shirts and a picture of my family. That's when I remembered.

"My boys! Where are they?" I ask in an alarmed tone. "Old man you're getting blinder as the days go by, we're right here." I turn to see James lying on the couch, switching channels. "Go easy on him little bro, he's still in a rough state." I turn to see Jacob coming out from a different room with a plate of food. "Here dad." He places the dish on the bedside table before walking away whilst giving me a smile. "Where's Jack?" I ask. "He's in the shower." Jacob briefly replies me as he disappears back into the room he came from. I breath a sigh of relief.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. The man with a huge build walked towards the door, leaving me alone for a while with the boys. "What happened?" I ask, hoping for an answer. "Like you said old man, they can help us. We were captured by this girl and brought here. I bet she was the same girl that questioned you and gave you all those shots." James replies me, eyes glued to a football game on the screen. "How'd you know about the shots?" He gives me a quick glance.

"She showed us the footage. You know, I always wondered why the 3 of us were so misfortune to be stolen. But hey surprise, turns out we were dropped off the orphanage and picked up again by the very same man." He says in a tone of anger. A hand placed itself on my shoulder. "It wasn't Dad's fault. Our family was poor. Have you forgotten the reason why we decided to join Dad in this immigrant business in the first place? It was to help our poor family." Jack was standing behind me, I wonder for how long had he listened in. In fact, I wonder where we are and what's going to happen to us from now on.

IRIS/PHANTOM POV

I pressed in a series of codes and scanned my fingerprint. The door of the private meeting room opened. Everyone was seated around the long glass table.

I take the envelope out of my jacket and slide it on the table towards 2bullet. "Divide it." He quickly had 5 stacks divided from the rest. I slide the 4 $5000 stack towards Rock, Beast, Mask and Red. The $6000 one went to Flame. "Woah they get paid way better than us." Rock exclaims, counting the cash stack he had in his hand and eyeing the rest of the money by 2bullet's side.