Chapter 3: A New Friend (Part 1)

IRIS/PHANTOM POV

All of us were in the same house like always after school. Except this time, Ed was here. Behind him, was a boy about 2 years older than us. Everyone shot daggers at the him, not willing to let their guard down despite him being older than us. He looked a little taken aback at where Ed has brought him but was clearly trying to keep calm. OO9 was sitting with her legs, crossed, up on a table and leaning against the chair that was balancing on its two back legs, polishing her sniper riffle. Trixie was sitting on the sofa, sharpening her katanas on the coffee table. 50k was using the computer but immediately shut it off after Ed came in, some things can't be shared even if it's the boss. 2bullet was seated at a rounded table that was covered in tools with his bow-and-arrows and gun taser in the center. I was sitting cross-legged by the window, playing with a knife in my right hand and holding up my phone in my left. All eyes were on the man and teenage boy that had just entered the room.

A few more seconds of starring daggers later, Ed finally broke the silence. "Not quite the welcoming community that I was expecting." He said as he walked towards the center of the room, with the boy following him like a lost puppy. But truth be told, who wouldn't be in this situation? "Who's that?" Trixie questioned. "A member of the company." Ed simply replied. Everyone's eyes loosened up but now instead of killer daggers, they're curious blades.

"This here,"he gestured to the boy that was now standing next to him, "is Flame." He then slowly pointed at the gear he was wearing. "His specialty is fire attacks. These bottles are filled with flammable liquid and gas. He has a blowtorch, a lighter and matches. Any flammable item that you can think of, he has it. Basically, he attacks with fire." "And?" OO9 said, clearly impatient of why, we all were but she took the first approach. "And," Ed said emphasizing the word, "he's here on suspension." Silence broke through the room. "What does that have to do with us?" I said, breaking the silence. "Yeah, why am I here and what do I have to do with them." Flame finally spoke up after the past minutes. "Wait who are them?" he asked dumbfounded. "We're the Night Reaperz Flame, you've never heard of us?" 2bullet questioned him with a hint of sarcasm.

Ed sighed. "Flame here is on suspension for breaking rule 23 from the book, "Fire Attacks." "And what is rule 23?" 50k asked. "When fire blowing, be aware of your surroundings and make sure you've got the space and air." answered Flame, guilt clear in his voice. "Flame here added a little too much heat and had put Big Ben through a melt down." Ed said, trying to hide his laughter. "Big Ben? The Big Ben of London?" Trixie asked. "Turns out the cogs in Ben aren't very heat resistant despite working 24/7." Ed said as he put a London Newspaper on the dining table. Everyone crowded around. The front cover page's tittle was in bold red. 'BIG BEN STOPPED MOVING ON TUESDAY MORNING AT 0012, POLICE DISCOVERED MELTED COGS INSIDE. CONSTRUCTION IS BEING UNDERGONE FOR REPAIR. CULPRIT IS UNKNOWN.'

"Like I said, what does it have to do with us?" I repeated, slightly annoyed. "You Reaperz are going to take care of him for a while till his two week suspension is off. That includes on missions." Ed said in his boss tone. "What?!" everyone, including Flame, exclaimed. "Why do we Reaperz need to care of him?!" I insisted. "In this country, I am the boss. In London, there's a different boss, his name's Gred. However the data shared in the head computers of anywhere are the same. He was looking through the data and found you guys, the Night Reaperz, in the list of best teams. He then contacted me to let you guys take him in for his suspension, its also dangerous for him to be out and about there in London. Basically, he assumed that since you guys are the best, you would be able to take him under your wings for these two weeks starting tomorrow explained Ed.

"I'm really sorry about this." Flame apologized. Silence filled the room. "Well, let's just see how it goes. This could work out for either of you." Ed suggested. Everyone gave it a thought and nodded. "By the way Flame, you will go to their school as an exchange student, you are still undergoing education after all." Flame gave a nod to Ed's words.

Sometimes I wonder how a powerful man, in control of a large scale, can be this...un-serious? Ed has just left us with a boy two years older than us to take care of. "See you!" Ed waved before exiting out the front door. "Wait Ed! You're leaving me with these ki-"Flame started to question but came to a stop. At the sound of the word 'kids' everyone pointed their weapons at him. He jumped. "Err...guys, you're leaving me with these guys?" Flame stuttered, his voice weak, trying to correct his earlier mistake. Ed's head suddenly popped through the front door, "By the way Flame, they don't like being called..."his voice trailed off as his eyes took in the scene before him. "Never mind, I see that you know that now." Ed said before disappearing behind the door again.

"Rule One," I said, getting his attention, "do not and I repeat DO NOT call us kids.", voice cold before putting on a warm smile. "Let's get you settled in then, bullet if you will." I said as I signaled them to put down their weapon. Flame looked a little pale but I had to give him a warning, it was for his own good that he doesn't get onto any of our nerves.

After 2bullet had settled Flame in, everyone gathered in the living room. Each of us settled into a seat of choice. "Let's go through the data we have for tomorrow's mission for now." I instructed as I distributed files to each of them.
"Target is Joon Li, a writer on the outside, a hacker on the inside. His ability to write good stories is due to his hacking abilities to limited websites. His big kill is tomorrow at 1700hr, his target, the government's files. These files are only limited to the minister himself. Things can go terribly upside down if in the wrong possession." I read out loud to the group.
----------------
In the corner of the house, Flame was standing by the top of the stairs, watching the group of his caretakers...
-----------------
Author's Note: Hey guys, sorry that this took so long to post but this is juz part 1 as I realized that the whole thing is too long, thus Chp 4 will be : A New Friend (Part 2) Till then stay tuned :))
Peace, Author Angel
-All rights reserved
-Any similarities are just pure coincidence