Chapter Seventeen

His

~Arden Diggory~

Draco and I didn't spend one moment away from each other after the ball. We didn't show any affection, but we knew it was there from the way we looked at each other. We didn't really hug, kiss or anything, we just laughed, talked, and knew we made each other happy just that way.

I got so caught up with him that I realised I had spent less time with my friends, Harry, Ron and Hermione. I knew Hermione was ecstatic, and didn't mind as much since we sat next to each other in every class except Potions. Harry and Ron however weren't okay with it. They noticed my sudden distance from them and got suspicious. Obviously knowing Harry and Ron they're not happy about it, but thanks to Hermione having my back she's convinced them it's nothing, for now...

I sat on my bed in my dormitory in my pyjamas, braiding my hair to get ready for bed. Astoria was in her bed next to me reading Standard Book of Spells: Grade 4, trying to ignore Pansy and her minions' non stop giggles. 

"I'm telling you, Draco fancies me!" Pansy squealed. I rolled my eyes and kept braiding my hair. 

"How can you tell?" Millicent Bullstrode asked excitedly. Pansy flipped her short hair and smirked.

"Don't you see the way he looks at me? Plus, he took me to the ball! Draco could have taken any girl he wanted to but instead he took me!" She bragged. I snorted from laughing, but quickly covered my mouth when I saw Pansy's face. "What's so funny, Diggory." Oh, just how you think Draco fancies you, when in fact on the night of the ball he ditched you to be with me. 

I shrugged my shoulders, and kept braiding my hair. "Nothing." I smirked. I turned away from then and tied the ends of my long braids to keep them in place. No one knew about what happened between me and Draco that night except for Hermione. Draco and I don't talk about that night. The only time one of us mentioned it was at Potions the day after the Christmas break; Draco said he wished he could experience that night with me again, and how he missed having me in his arms. However we both agreed not to talk about it again, so we could avoid eavesdroppers. Draco said he doesn't think about it much, but I know from the look in his eyes he thinks about it every hour of the day.

"No, what are you laughing at? I swear I'll go get Draco and he'll-"

"And he'll what? Kiss her?" Astoria laughed. For a moment I froze, wondering if she had known. She looked at us and rolled our eyes. "Oh come on, I'm joking." She shifted her eyes towards me and winked. I looked over at Pansy, and she didn't catch that wink, thank god.

Pansy let out a loud laugh. "Ha! As if Draco would kiss her!" Oh Pansy you have no idea...

"Who the hell is screeching up here!?" A boy yelled from the doorway. We all looked over and saw Blaise standing there, trying not to step past the doorframe. 

"That one." Astoria sighed, pointing at Pansy.

"I'm not screeching!" Pansy whined. Blaise winced and covered his ears.

"Oh yeah, it's you alright." He said in pain. Pansy tried to throw a pillow at him but missed.

"What do you want anyway, Zabini?" She spat. Blaise looked over at me and smiled.

"Draco Malfoy requests to see you, Miss Diggory." He said in a fancy tone. Pansy was shrieking and throwing a tantrum in her bed. Astoria put a pillow over her face in attempt to muffle the sound. I got up from my bed and ran over to Blaise.