Chapter 11

"Stop!" I screamed and landed gracefully. I charged at Paul and pushed him off before he reached Edward's throat. He hit a tree and fell down with a loud thud.

The other wolves were crouching, ready to attack. Without taking my eyes of them I pulled Edward up. My gaze went back and forth as I tried to keep an eye on everyone.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Edward hiss behind me. I bit down on my lip. He really did wanted to kill himself.

"Keeping you alive." I whispered back to him angrily. I really wanted to turn around and glare at him but the wolves could have attacked in any moment and I couldn't let my guard down.

As it was expected one of them lunged at us. I growled and jumped up to meet with him in the air. I punched him lightly on the nose, just enough to stop him. He fell back and with a hiss went back to the others who growled at me but I just snapped my teeth, warning them away.

After some few tense moments Sam came up to me and we shook hands hesitantly. "I am Sam the leader of this pack." He said with a strong voice. "I believe you are the Cullens new friend. Did they changed you?" I shook my head and told him the same story which I told to the Cullens. At the end he believed in it and ordered the pack to go home.

I let out a quite sigh as they turned around. However my eyes locked with Jacob's who stared at me for a moment longer. He then looked at Edward then back to me. Then his face turned into disgust.

"I told you he had already replaced her." He whispered to Sam who hit the back of his head and glared at him.

My hands automatically shot out and pulled Edward back. Even if Jacob had deserved what he would have got I didn't need more fight. Edward growled at me but I refused to let him go. Not now when it was almost over and everyone was alive.

When they were finally gone Edward slightly calmed down and we looked at the Cullens. Esme instantly ran up to us and hugged me. "Thank you, thank you so much." She whispered and I was sure she would be crying if she could. I just hugged her back but didn't say anything. Over Esme's shoulder I saw Alice smile gratefully and the others nod at me.

When Esme let go I turned to Edward. He was glaring at me fiercely but for some reason he nodded. I was confused until Carlisle said that they should leave. He probably read his thoughts.

Everyone left expect us. We stared at each other and it reminded me of the first conversation we had when I got back.

He took a deep breath and I saw several emotions in his eyes. "Why did you do it?" He asked sharply.
"Are you serious?! I saved your life!" I yelled. "Can't you just thank me and get it over with?" I asked and I saw something flash in his eyes. I was still angry at him for trying to kill himself. Of course he couldn't know I was here but damn it! He couldn't kill himself not now, not ever.

"I didn't want to be saved! I just want to roll over and die! Why doesn't anybody get that?!" He said desperately.

"Because the ones who care for you, they won't just look away and let you kill yourself."

He stopped to think it over then looked at me. "You care for me?" He asked. His face was blank but I saw anger in his eyes.

"I did it for everyone else. For your family, for her." I whispered.

I saw his body become rigid and his face twisted in pain. "How do you know about her?"

"I heard Jacob's speech." I admitted.

"Well then you know that I don't deserve to live, that I lost the most important thing in my life." He said with a surprisingly calm voice.

"That's not true. Do you think she wants you to kill yourself? If she knew she would blame herself, she would be in pain." I said and I felt horrible to use myself as a reason. But I would be in more agony if he killed himself.

"She is dead I just want to be with her and you can give me that." He looked at me like I was the ticket to paradise. I guess I was in some way.

"No!" I shouted angrily. "Get yourself together! You can't give up, not yet!" He frowned.

"Yet?" He whispered and I froze. Oh! Why can't I think before I speak?

Suddenly I was pinned against something by Edward. I heard the tree crack a little at the force he was using but I wasn't in pain. My breathing was fast because of the closeness of him. His touch was the same when I was human, the electrical current was still there.

When he felt it too he jumped back like I was fire. This was the first time we touched since I had came back. He was starring at his hands like they weren't his.

He looked up to me and I saw anger and fear in his eyes. Was he okay? "Edw-" I stepped closer my hand stretched out towards him.

"Don't come closer!" He shouted and stepped back. "Who are you? What are you doing to me?" His breathing was fast. "Why me? Why her?" He whispered as he looked ahead his mind far away.

I lowered my hand and tried to hold back a sob. I wish I could tell him. I saw how broken he really was. His eyes held so much pain and hopelessness. His hand reached to his chest where his dead heart was and rubbed the spot still deep in thoughts. I clenched my teeth to not let a cry escape. How could I do this to him?! I am here Edward!

Then he slowly looked up to me determination shining in his eyes. "I will find out your secret Isa and when I find out you should run." He said then disappeared in the dark forest.

I couldn't hold back anymore. I fell to the ground sobs rocking my body. I looked up to the night sky. Thousands of stars were shining. I lay down and just looked at them.

It was unbelievable that less then 24 hours ago I just woken up on the ground not knowing what to do. And now I had already killed a dark angel and I was living with the Cullens. It was insane.

As I was looking up the sky I saw a shooting star. I closed my eyes with a small smile and wished.

■■■■■

Thanks for reading it. Sorry for the grammar mistakes and I hope you liked it. And if I don't update till Christmas then...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!