Chapter 12

"So... You're an assassin." Mark asked slowly. Alex regarded him with cold brown eyes, making him flinch. "That would be none of your business." Alex said before his gaze drifted to K-unit. They look somewhat worried, concern and... Scared. Are they afraid of me? Alex thought as he felt a pang of sadness and betrayal. He didn't know why he suddenly felt that way. It just made him more resolved to protecting K-unit and get them out before things get really messed up.
Mark decided to break the silence by saying that they do not need to do an evaluation seeing as Alex is an assassin and assassin don't trust people unless they are good at what they do. "So do you work alone or with a partner during your assassination days?" The guy that brought them to Mark asked Alex as they were given a tour of the place. Alex had learnt that his name was Mike. "It's none of your business but if you really wanna know, I prefer to work alone during those days."
"Why? Wouldn't being with a partner help? They could be scapegoats." Alex turned his icy gaze on Mike's gang.
"No. I don't use partners that way. They'll only slow down escapes anyways. But if my partner was one of you guys," Alex said gesturing to Mike and his group," I would be more than happy to use you guys as scapegoats or as practice targets." Alex said coolly, clearly stating his displeasure with them. Mike gulped. They just accidentally walked onto a land filled with land mines. They have to start threading carefully now if they want to get out alive. Mark cleared his throat to try clear the tension as he said something about the warehouse being for storage. "Storage of what?" Wolf asked.
"Storage for weapons." Alex answered, causing Mark and his underlings to look at him in shock. "How did you-"
"I can smell the gun powder." Was all Alex said but they all knew it was more to it. None of them can smell the gun powder so it must be very faint and there must be some other hints that made him get to that conclusion. "Impressive."
They continued on with the tour but Mark's gang was still afraid of Alex. Eagle decided to pity them by trying to lighten the tension. "What are we having for dinner?" Eagle asked Alex. "What would you like to have?" Alex shot with a question right back, leaving Eagle slightly speechless from having no idea what to have. "Uh, for the record we haven't have lunch yet." Fox intervened.
"Right... Let's have some unhealthy shit!" Eagle exclaimed proudly. "Only for lunch. We're not gonna always eat maccas." Snake said.
"What's maccas?" Eagle asked.
"It's an Australian slang for McDonalds." Alex replied.
"Then what do you propose we eat for dinner?" Eagle retorted to Snake's previous statement on not always eating McDonalds. "Can you cook, Alex?" Wolf asked. Alex turned his head slightly to look at his unit, a glint of amusement lit his eyes for a brief moment. "Let's find out."
"Yas! Grocery shopping! We're buying ice cream!" Eagle declared, shaking a fist to the air to prove his enthusiasm. Alex sighed and looked at the hyperactive soldier in amusement. He is now bouncing around in happiness at the prospect of getting ice cream.
"Shut up Dave!" Wolf growled at Eagle.
"No!" Eagle screamed at the unit leader before running around to get away from Wolf's wrath. "Should we stop them before they injure themselves?" Snake asked Alex, not showing the slightest bit concern if the two soldiers injure themselves. Alex looked at both him and Fox before turning to observe the wolf chasing the bird. "Nah. If they get themselves killed I'll just need to cook two portions lesser. Easy." Alex said nonchalantly which caused Eagle to freeze on the stop and Wolf to not stop in time before he collided with Eagle and it sent the both soldiers to the ground. "F* you Dave! Why did you stop suddenly?!" Wolf cursed at the said man who rolled onto a standing position and is immediately next to the teen, wailing about how mean the teen is. His only response was his lips twitching up into a small smirk. "Let's go." Alex said before walking away.
"Where?"
"You guys go for lunch. I'll settle somethings and meet you guys there."

"Are you sure?" Snake asked the teen worriedly. He didn't want the kid to get into any sort of danger. Alex nodded his head and swept his hands in a shooing motion. K-unit gave him one last glance before leaving, complying with their leader. Once Alex was sure the unit was out of ear shot, he turned back to the gang. "You listen very very carefully, I will only say this once and once only." Alex said coldly, his cold brown eyes looking like they were boring into their souls. They nodded hastily, not wanting to be on the bad side of the lethal child that is somewhat considered a weapon. "You guys better not try anything funny, if my group gets hurt, your heads would be rolling on the ground before you can even blink. " Alex warned and looked at them and waited for their affirmation before turning on his heels and walking away. I have to protect them. Its my duty... my last chance to prove that being friends with me wouldn't cost my friends lives.