Chapter 2

The paramedics quickly pulled Rhett out of the ambulance and admitted him to the hospital. Link followed the nurses, tears already streaming down his face. He didn't even care how a 36 year old man was crying. He didn't care about how he looked. He didn't care about how the nurses were giving him weird looks. All he cared about was...
Rhett.
Then it struck him. He tried to shake off the thought but no, it was the truth and he had to embrace it. What he was believing his entire life, was wrong.
He'd always been that good little Christian boy, going to church, obeying his parents. He'd always thought he was straight. He'd never felt love to the same gender.
The truth was, he wasn't straight.
His vision blurred as the past pulled him back.
That time he and Rhett first changed together, when he saw his friend naked, it wasn't a turn on then. That time Rhett first loved a girl, he wasn't envious.
In that second in that moment of nervousness, everything was changed.
He realized how much he wanted to kiss...
...Rhett.
Not his wife. Not his kids. Not that hot half-naked model on the runway, but his best friend. He realized how much he cared for Rhett.
And then something pulled him back to the present.
That deep voice, now sounding weak and confused.
"Wha-?"
Link turned around. His eyes widened. He ran up to the bed and hugged his best friend.
"Rhett! Oh my gosh, I thought you wouldn't make it! Link breathed in and out heavily, leaning on the railing of Rhett's bed. He couldn't believe it.
"Link?" Rhett suddenly called his best friend.
"Yeah?"
"I had a dream,"
"About what?"
"I was kissing someone." Rhett gulped.
"Who?
"It was..."
• • •