Chapter 30

Nuuuuuu its the end ;-; i must say, reading your comments, and awkwardly bonding with all of you has been amazing. Thank you all for the wonderful memories.

Canada's POV

It was getting close to sunset and it was so peaceful sitting with Gil at the pond. I didn't want this moment to end. Then I got a text from papa France. He said everything was ready for the party.

"Is it time?" I glanced up at Gil and nodded. He started to get up, but I wouldn't let him. Not yet. "Birdie, please get up. Ve have to go."

"Nuu... not yet!" I wrapped my arms around him and clung on for dear life. I felt him silently chuckle.

"Ve can cuddle later. Maybe once ve all fall asleep after zhe party."

"Gil, we party til the sun rises... and sets once more. And even if we tone it down this year, I'll probably get slammed and fall asleep on the pool table with a fish in my pants." He looked at me strangely.

"Just vhat kind of stuff goes on at France's parties?"

"Uhm.. well..."

"Must be pretty crazy. I mean, if you get so drunk zhat you crash on a pool table vith a fish in your pants...zhen somezhing is wrong."

"You have never seen me at a French party."

"Do I vant to?"

"I don't know how to answer that..." Gil let out a laugh. He escaped my grasp and stood up, picking me up bridal style. No. No no no no no no no. Non.

"GIL! Gil, inscrivez-moi! Maintenant!"

"I don't know what that means, but my answer is no!" He carefully grabbed our bags and started running in the direction of the mansion. Oh my god I was not happy. Not happy at all. What made Gil think he could just run with me in his arms bridal style, all the way to the party? Like what the hell? Ohh my maple, pardon my French.

I yelled for him to put me down all the way to the mansion. I kept hearing French squeals and giggles, and I saw girls pointing at us and fainting. I even heard one girl scream "Oh mon dieu, ils sont parfaits!" Ohh yeah, we were definitely perfect. Can't deny that.

It was sunset when we got back, and there were a few people there already. Oh merde. Gil slammed the door open with his foot. Everyone looked at us. At me, in Gil's arms. Being carried like it was our honeymoon. Gil took in a deep breath, and yelling as loud as he could, he said, "ZHE PRINCESS HAS ARRIVED!" That did it.

"Oh vas te faire encule, Gilbert Beilschmidt!!!" I jumped out of his arms. Grabbing the shopping bags, I ran up to our room and locked myself in there. And I wasn't coming out. Not for the party. Not ever. Gilbert pissed me off. I heard a rapid knock on the door.

"Birdie! BIRDIE LEMME IN!" I was so not in the mood.

"Non, pas une chance. Vous gêné l'enfer hors de moi." I wrapped myself in a blanket. Mmm comfy drapery of fluffiness. Let me cry into you.

"Birdie, you know I don't understand French. Just... pleeeeeaaaasssee let me in." He tapped the door a few more times. Then I heard some clicking. Oohhh merde I forgot that Papa France had a master key for the rooms in case of emergency. The door opened, then shut. Then a savage Gilbert tackled me.