May 19th, 2024, 1:01PM

Dear Diane, 

Research day 1 is in full swing.
We have been at a coffee shop for the past 3 hours combing through everything we can. We started with just my address, old city records, people named Charles in the area.

It's really turned up nothing super interesting, other than the fact that my house apparently had a basement at some point. We found the original blueprints for it in some old city records. I don't know what happened to the basement, but there is no basement access on the ground floor, but I think we are going to head to my house soon to try to see if there is a hollow wall. You can't really just close off a basement, right?

I am really glad that my inheritance paid off this house, because we can actually break down some walls to see if there's anything behind them. It could be that it was filled in, but I just assumed the house was a crawl-space. The whole buying process of the house was a whirlwind. My parents had died in a freak car accident and I suddenly needed a new start. Riley and I bought the house together, but, since I had the money, the house was only in my name, so not much to fight for in the breakup. Overall, I came out on top in the end, a whole paid off house to myself and exactly 1 mystery ghost.

We have added demolition of the walls to our list of things, which is scary to do, so I think we will just look for a blocked door first.

Steph is really excited about this revelation. I think that she really wants to get the bottom of all of this soon-so we may expedite the process of research.

She has her ghost-hunting friends coming over sometime next week to do a night investigation on the house to see if they can get any answers from the man himself.

I think I'm just going to ask him to show me where the basement is when I get home.

Let's see what happens.

Sincerely, Diane