For Now, Goodbye

The buses showed up before the ambulance, and not many of the teenagers even noticed. But Roier noticed.

Roier screamed in English and Spanish, depending on what counselor was trying to coax him onto his bus.

"I will leave with Cellbit. I will not leave on this damn bus!"

Bad winced and turned towards Skeppy. "I feel terrible, I hope they let Roier just go with Cellbit on the ambulance."

"They probably won't, if he's not eighteen yet." Skeppy said quickly, not caring about Cellbit and Roier in the moment. "Bad, You promise you'll call me?"

"I promise." Bad gave him a tight hug and nobody else noticed, everyone was saying their own goodbyes.

💖💖💖

"Tina, I will see you every couple months, yes?" Bagi kissed both of her girlfriend's cheeks. "We will plan trips, okay? I love you, baby."

Tina latched onto her girlfriend and inhaled the smell of her floral perfume. She sealed the memory away for later when she needed writing motivation.

"Bagi, meeting you has been the BEST part of camp...I never expected to meet anyone as cool as you."

"Tina, stop or I will kidnap you!"

Tina giggled. "Before we go, here." She pulled one of her bracelets off of her wrist. "Keep this safe, okay?"

"Oh! Tina, I can't–" Bagi examined the bracelet, it was made of real gold and diamond. "It's too nice."

"You're just borrowing it." Tina lovingly forced the bracelet onto Bagi's wrist. "You can give it back to me when we reunite again, okay?"

"Oh...alright." Bagi's heart swole painfully. "I'm so sad that I have to leave you..."

💌💌💌

"Here."

"What's this?" Valerie looked at the piece of paper that Étoiles had eagerly given her.

"Just read it when you get home, okay?"

Valerie tilted her head. "Are you trying to kill me with suspense?"

"No..." Étoiles rubbed his neck. "But it's just... emotional."

Valerie's eyes bulged as she slid the letter into her pocket. "okay?"

"Well...goodbye."

"Au revoir bel homme~" Valerie grinned. {Goodbye handsome man.}

"Ah no, you don't say that correctly at all." Étoiles teased. In reality he was impressed, and even wondered if she had French lessons at some point.

"Ah." Valerie sucked her teeth and patted him on the arm. "Okay well maybe when I see you again, you can whisper some proper French into my ear."

Étoiles put a hand over his heart. "Mn– are heart conditions contagious? I think I caught what Skeppy has."

"No, you're just silly." Valerie gave him a friendly hug. Not too passionate, not too stale. "Thank you for being patient with me..."