008.

Yoana Thomas

"We offer online classes if that's something you're also interested in" Mrs

"We offer online classes if that's something you're also interested in" Mrs.Tal the director of FAMU said turning towards me and Kylan.

Kylan decided to drag me out of bed- literally and made me come with him around community colleges in the area. I didn't mind because I never really had transportation to do it and searching online wasnt benefiting me.

I was beyond grateful that I was fixing to start school. I looked over the brochure and packets she gave me one last time.

"Do y'all offer clinicals? or is that a different field for school?" I asked rubbing my thumb.

"Umm.." She tooted up her nose typing something on the computer, "Unfortunately we don't. I can send you to a Tech school. It's just like college I dont know the requirements or how long it is but it's a college just for your profession you wanna work in" She said writing down some information on a piece of paper.

'Lively Technical College' It read. I stood up to my feet, shaking her hand giving her a warm smile. "Thank you" I mumbled walking to the door with her hot on my trail.

She led us to the exit and waved goodbye to us. I smiled again getting in the car with Kylan. I fastened my seatbelt and googled the college she gave us.

"How you feeling?" He mumbled pulling off campus, I shrugged my shoulders thinking deeply about the question.

"I feel good to be honest" I shrugged the question off since I felt like I was overthinking it.

"Mm" He hummed in response before picking up his phone. I unlocked my phone getting on tiktok.

"Wassup?"

"..."

"Im with Yoyo where you at?"

"..."

"Ight" He hung up, doing a U-turn in the middle of the road. I sat up becoming more alert, biting the inside of my lip.

I watched my surroundings around me carefully and kept quiet for a few moments before speaking.

"Where we going?" I mumbled as we turned into a gated community.

"Mal's spot" He said making another turn. "Oh shit you cool with that?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Don't really a choice now considering the fact we're already here" I mumbled watching us pull up in Mal's driveway.

He chuckled, blowing the horn. Few moments later, Mal came outside in a white tee, Amiri sweats and crocs.

He got in the backseat slightly slamming the door. I inhaled his scent he smelled like Tom ford and weed. I kept quiet as we pulled out the driveway.

"Why he with us?" I asked glancing over at Ky.

"Damn" Mal chuckled, "Why I can't hang with my homeboy?"