007.

Yoana Thomas

"Anything else for you today?" I mumbled, ringing the customer up

"Purple pack of swishers" He pointed behind me. I reached behind me opening the window grabbing the Swishers.

I rung it up, placing his items in the bag. "$13.02"

He handed me a crisp 20 dollar bill. I entered the amount in the computer, feeling the drawer open and slightly tap my leg.

I gathered his change and handed him his receipt. "Thank you have a nice day"

He smiled showing his row of grills. I smiled back watching him walk back to his car. I sighed looking at the clock, "11:30 am" It read.

I was currently working at Mrs.Katrina's 7/11 while she was downtown doing who knows what. She offered me the job to help me get started on my feet with a little something and she's going to teach me responsibility and how to handle my money.

She's going to be paying me 11 a hour. My weekly hours are 7am to 3pm- off on the weekends. I get paid every two weeks.. So that should be about $600 and something maybe including taxes. I sighed checking my phone seeing a text from Mrs.Katrina telling me we needed to talk later.

I replied with a simple "K" and locked my phone. I heard the bell on the door, followed by loud music that shook the ground and the store was filled with a couple of voices. I looked up from my phone seeing a bunch of males scattering around the store.

I bit the inside of my lip, observing each male closely. A darkskin male with dreads walked up to the counter.

"Wassup" He nodded and I gave a small smile in return.

"Lemme get 50 on 2 and a pack of Newports short" I nodded, ringing him up on pump 2 and getting his newports.

"$53.23" I mumbled grabbing the crisp $100 bill. I placed the money under the register and gave him his change back.

3 other males approached the counter. I shifted my weight from one leg to the other, feeling myself grow nervous under their gaze.

I played with my hands not acknowledging them.

"You can't speak?" One of them spoke up, "It is yo job ainnit?" He had on a green tee, NIKE sweats and forces.

"Hi" I mumbled, feeling myself grow embarrassed that I've been called out.

"What's your name?" The short one with the temp fade asked staring into my soul. He had on a red tee, light jeans and black slides.

I showed him my name tag, not wanting to speak.

"Yoyo" He repeated, nodding.

"Ian neva seen you round hea' befo" The middle male spoke. He was dressed in a NIKE tracksuit with forces on as well.