002.

Yoana Thomas

"Yeah.. I don't know this bitch", I heard somebody say. I stayed still and kept my eyes closed.

"Uhh.. let me see" I heard the person moving stuff, "Well whoever she is she's a druggie bitch" I slowly moved trying to get their attention.

"She's waking up I'll call you back". I opened my eyes to be met with a brownskin female. I sat up completely in the bed as she observed me.

"How'd you get in here?" She asked, "K-kylan let me stay the night here" I rubbed my arm as she stared intensively at me.

"What's your name?" She sat down at the end of the bed.

"Yoyo" I mumbled feeling embarrassed and out of place. "What's your name?" I asked her.

"Im Arrya but you can call me Ari."

I simply nodded standing to my feet in a quick motion, gathering my things. She giggled and stopped me.

"You can rest here- If Kylan trust you enough to leave you here then I feel like I shouldn't have nothing to worry about"

I shook my head, "I was planning on leaving later on.. I didn't know you were coming back-"

She giggled even more, "I'm not the owner"

Weird..

"Oh- sorry"

"I'm the owners cousin though I was just dropping by to get my laptop" She pointed at the silver laptop on the nightstand.

"O-oh okay" I mumbled.

I hate encountering with people i'm not used too.. I'm always mumbling or stuttering over my words..

"Well are you- excuse me a moment" She said answering her phone. I nodded sitting back on the bed, slowly trying to listen to the conversation that was going on.

"What Mal?" She rolled her eyes as I heard a voice semi-yelling on the other end.

Must be the owner..

"..."

"Her name is- What's your name again boo?"

"Yoyo"

"Her name is Yoyo and she said Kylan let her stay so what does that tell you Malachi?"

"..."

"When do you get back?"

"..."

"Whatever be safe, Love ya bitch" She smiled hanging up. She looked back at me, "As I was saying um.. my brother comes back in 3 days so you'll have to be gone before he gets back cool?"

I nodded, fiddling with my hands.

stupid!! stop playing with your hands

"You hungry?" She asked.

"Very" I mumbled watching her grab her keys.

"Come on, my treat"

•••

"So.. how old are you?" Ari asked me, stirring her cheese grits.

"I'm 23"

She nodded, "Mmk okay.. so are you like homeless? or..." She trailed off waiting for my answer. I felt my body getting hot, I cleared my throat and shifted slowly nodding my head.

It was silent for a couple minutes before she excused herself from the table. I sighed watching her closely she walked to the bathroom. I quickly stood to my feet and rushed out the restaurant.

I walked down the street, with no idea where to go. I wish it was different for me. Most people think addicts are out of their mind- which is somewhat true but in reality we're aware of everything. I'm addicted to cocaine, I wanna quit.. but I can't. I feel like I need it everyday, all day. Being on cocaine doesn't bother me mentally, but it helps me physically. It gives me a rushing sensation that I feel like I need to keep me going.

I looked around the area spotting Ms.Katrina's house.

damn.. I walk pretty fast.

I walked up the steps, lightly knocking at the door.

"Who is it?!" She yelled as I heard shuffling.

"Yoyo" I mumbled.. kind of feeling ashamed of my situation.

A few seconds went by and the door swung open.

"Hi yoyo. I didn't expect you here" She smiled warmly at me, stepping aside letting me in.

I walked inside walking over to the chair. I sat down, relaxing my feet.

"You hungry?" I shook my head, 'No'.

"Well where did you sleep last night?" She sat down in her recliner and reclined her feet.

"I don't know.. but I was alone in a nice house that Kylan let me sleep in for the night"

"You going back?" I shrugged, dismissing the conversation.

I got that feeling..

"Excuse me" I mumbled walking down the hall to her bathroom. I closed the door looking in the mirror at myself.

A complete mess. I looked terrible, bags were noticeable, my jacket was far from worn down. I sighed pulling out my bag. I grabbed the end of the decorative towel and wet the end of it.

I left the water running as a distraction. I broke down everything- but this time I made 4 big but neat rows. I sniffed all 4 and held onto the sink letting everything sink in.

I took a deep breath cleaning off my mess. I washed my hands and sniffed drying them off. I cut the light off and opened the door to see Ms.Katrina standing right there.

"You gotta stop Yoana." She said sternly watching me closely.

I stared past her as she continued to talk.

"I'm not going to lecture you because you're grown enough to make your own decisions. You know you'll always have a place here and you can come to me about anything and I will help you no matter what it is because I care about you and I hate you're doing this but I also want you to be safe out here especially since your addicted to this stuff Yoana."

"I hear you Ms.K" I mumbled wanting this conversation to be over.

I hated conversations like this. I know this is bad. I
know I need help but I simply dont want it right now. You can't help someone who doesn't want help for themselves but nobody understands that.

•••

This short.. i'm tryna give y'all background on Yoyo ass 🌚

thoughts? 🤔

-B.