006.

Yoana Thomas

THREE MONTHS LATER

THREE MONTHS LATER..

"Pack it up Yoyo" My therapist said coming into my room. I stared at him in a bored expression.

"Hard of hearing?" He asked mugging me and handed me two white bags, "You're leaving I'll call somebody for you"

I'm currently in Centre Point Rehab. I've been in here for three months. Three months and five days to be exact.

Once I got released from the hospital, I stayed with Arrya for a while.. I made it my decision to send myself here. I haven't been in contact with anybody for the past three months, I didn't want them visiting me. Last I talked to any of them- mainly Arrya and Mrs.Katrina I was just arriving here.

I managed to get clean within three months. My therapist said I managed to get clean within three months because I genuinely wanted to. Which was true, I stayed to myself while in here. I went to my sessions, find some hobbies I enjoy such as braiding hair, reading and meditating.

I had plans for my life before I got hooked onto drugs. I wanted to enroll in college and be a Surg Tech, work buy me a small apartment and just finish school until my dreams came true. And now that I'm better and not hooked- I'm willing to fulfill my dreams.

I stood to my feet opening one of the white bags, I packed my hygiene things inside and carefully tied the bag. I packed my clothes and other accessories in the second bag. I stripped the small twin sized bed, folding the sheets and cover placing them into the laundry shoot that was in my room.

"Knock Knock" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around being met with Mrs.Katrina. I smiled lightly embracing her into a warm long hug.

"I'm very proud of you Yoana" She said rocking me side to side, "Never forget that." She uttered as we pulled away from the embrace.

"Thank you I'm proud of myself" I mumbled watching Dean, my therapist walk in.

"I'm very proud of you too Yoyo" He smiled, handing my papers to Mrs.Katrina. I smiled feeling a wave of joy over me.

"Your hair has grew" Mrs.Katrina said observing me. "You look so much healthier" She grinned, signing the papers handing them back to Dean.

"I must say I'm going to miss you Yoyo. You are far best one of the best patients I ever had.. during our sessions, mainly the real life conversations we shared I pray you do what you want and fulfill your dreams" Dean said hugging me as I hugged back.

"Thank you Dean so much for everything. I'll never forget what you did for me" I said as we let go and he grabbed my bags.

Dean was the only person I opened up to while being in Rehab. I had been through four therapists by the time Dean sent me. He was determined to work with me and didn't give up on me.. and I just let everything go. I felt safe with him, he was a pure soul and I'll always love him for helping me get through my journey.