CHAPTER 9 - The Ruins In Doublin part (1)

In the Su family, 

Su Chenyu stood before the airship. It was bigger than the flying carriage.
Airships were advanced artifacts that could travel much faster than flying carriage.

His father had arranged for an elder to travel with him. There were two Nascent Soul realm servants along with 8 Soul Refinement Realm servants. There were a few golden core experts too. The elder was in the Essence Realm.  Among the elder group,  the elder Su Yanrou was one of the elders who had supported his father when he was fighting for the Pariah seat. He was also on Su Chenyu's side so he was arranged by his father to protect him along the way to Grand Xia.

"Be careful and you should pay attention to your safety first!" Ling Qianlu , his mother, shouted at him.

"Yes mother , I will. "

He greeted Elder Yanrou when he got on the airship.
Soon the airship left for Grand Xia.

Between Grand Xia and Grand Tai there was one more dynasty.

If they had traveled by the flying carriage it would have taken them 3 days to reach there. By the airship it could be completed in less than a day.

Back in the Su family, 

"Our son is trying his hardest to increase his strength. Looks like he hasn't given up on becoming the Pariah yet...."Su Qianlu said.

"Yeah, I was wrong about him. He hasn't given up." Su Bing replied.

"Then should we help him? We can pull more elders in his support..." Su Qianlu asked .

"Yeah , I sent elder Yanrou because of that. If he could become impressed by our son and gives him full support that would be best."

"Do you think he can increase his strength in the ruin like he said?"

"It's hard to tell. Anyways let's leave it till he comes back."

Although Su Bing never showed it , he deeply cared for his son.
He felt pain to see his son having a hard time fighting for the Pariah position because his cousins were ahead of him in strength.

Seeing him still trying to increase his strength,  he thought it was to fight to become the Pariah.
It fueled something in him that made him want to support his son with everything.
                                                 ---
The airship reached doublin . The ruin was situated underground and the gate to the ruin was on the outskirts of the doublin city.

The ruin had been discovered more than 10 years ago and from the observations made in the ruin it was said to have been left behind by the founder of the Grand Xia Dynasty.

It was explored by many people but nobody found any inheritance left behind . Maybe someone found and took it and nobody noticed but that was near impossible as there were many eyes on the ruins.

When the airship descended from the sky it attracted a lot of attention.  Many small cultivators came to the ruin everyday to try their luck or give experience to their next generations.

The Su family was well known even here. After all it had existed for millions of years. Some people recognized the symbol of the Su family on the airship immediately and everyone got to know.  Soon news spread that Su Chenyu had come to the ruin in doublin to try his luck.

The ruin had restrictions for entry. Only cultivators below the Nascent Soul realm could enter.
Su Chenyu took two Golden Core servants and entered. He wanted to enter alone but Elder Yanrou insisted on bringing them for protection.

After wandering in the ruins for a while, Su Chenyu finally discovered a cave that looked like the entry to some secret place.
He met a few cultivators and a few monsters on the way and had gotten 3 monster cores too among which one was at the Golden Core Realm which was killed by the two servants! It was a pretty good harvest. 

He ordered his two servants to keep a look out at the entrance while he  goes in. They agreed.

Su Chenyu went in the cave. It was a long long one and it went further down as it went. After walking for sometime which he estimated to be around a few kilometers,  he decided to reach till the peak of core formation realm here.

He silently commanded in his head,
'Status.'

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Core Formation Realm level 1
Energy Stored: 2,011,610
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 5,000]

He commanded in his mind,
'Use 5000 units of energy.'

Instantly he could feel that he reached level 2.

'Status.'

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Core Formation Realm level 2
Energy Stored: 2,006,610
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 41,000]

Simultaneously he kept using the energy required to breakthrough to the next realm.
To reach level 3 it took 41,000 energy, to reach level 4 it took 42,000 energy and so.
Finally, it took him 47,000 energy to reach level 9 from level 8.

'Status.'

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Core Formation Realm level 9
Energy Stored: 1,698,610
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 50,000]

He pondered for a while and decided to Breakthrough to the Golden Core Realm.

'Use 50,000 energy.'

He felt his body changing.  His qi was continuously being gathered in his core. Slowly his core turned yellow. He could feel that he had become much stronger now than before.

Black sticky substances came out of his body.

He had reached the Golden Core Realm!!

'Status'

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Golden Core Realm level 1
Energy Stored: 1,648,610
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 60,000]

He was overjoyed by what he saw.

He could reach the peak of Golden Core Realm!!!!!
The same realm which has cousin was at, he would become the strongest in the younger generation of his family.

It was be appreciated easy to convince the elder group and become the Pariah!

From his childhood he regretted not being born before.  He thought he didn't have the chance to compete with his cousins because he was born late. Although 15-20 years difference wasn't much the higher you go in cultivation . But in the initial realms it made a BIG difference. 

Now he felt that the Pariah position was within his grasp!

'I don't know when I will get another chance like this in a ruin, I should get to the peak of Golden Core Realm.  '

'Although I am bound to be questioned by various powers , but the Su family and the Seven Star Sacred Land is powerful so they can't do much.'

In this world it was a crime to obtain wealth without strength afterall.

However this did not apply to him because his background was powerful .