CHAPTER 2 - The Seven Star Sacred Land

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR - Before you begin reading the story, I would advise you to read the auxiliary chapters titled "CULTIVATION REALMS" and "ABOUT THE WORLD".
In there , I have explained some details regarding the cultivation realms and many details regarding the Continent of Morningstar which is crucial in the story.

One more important thing I would like to share is that the first 12 chapters of the story, which I have listed as Volume 1, is kind of an introduction to the world and to the life of the Su Chenyu and the people around him.
The plot in the story begins from chapter 13, which is the start of Volume 2.

I hope you like the story , Thank-you!!

***
In Seven Star Sacred Land ,

Su Chenyu was sitting in his room looking at the blue screen visible in front of him.

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Foundation Establishment level 9
Energy Stored: 0
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 20,000]

He immediately took out a low-grade spirit stone and said in his mind 'Absorb'.
Immediately the screen in front of him changed .

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Foundation Establishment level 9
Energy Stored: 10
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 20,000]

He then did the same thing with a high-grade spirit stone.

'So a medium-grade spirit stone gives 100 units of energy and a high grade gives 1000. A low grade gives only 10. I don't have any other types of things or any monster cores right now or I would have tried to absorb them. '

'It is so much faster to absorb it through the system than do it the normal way. Normally I can absorb a high-grade spirit stone in 10 minutes but with the system, it took only a minute. '

'Most importantly the system can store the energy in the body, and I can use it for cultivation whenever I want!!'

'The energy after absorbtion is already in a space in my body so whenever I use it to increase my cultivation , it would be done in an instant! '

'Hehe whoever made the system took all the things into consideration. It's like it was made for cultivator who doesn't want too much attention and helps the cultivator hide.'

'Wait no I should be wary of it. Why would anyone put such a valuable treasure in such a place?
Until I find the reason why it was here or what the purpose of whoever created it is , I should be careful. '

He looked at the screen in front of him .

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Foundation Establishment level 9
Energy Stored: 1110
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 20,000]

'System use all the energy. '

[ Name: Su Chenyu
Age: 16 yrs
Cultivation: Foundation Establishment level 9
Energy Stored: 0
Estimated energy needed to Breakthrough: 18,890]

He understood that he needed 18,890 units of energy to breakthrough from Foundation Establishment level 9 to core formation level 1.

'That's like 19 high-grade spirit stones. My family gives me 10 high-grade spirit stones per month. I don't have enough to breakthrough right now. '

In this world, 1 high-grade spirit stone is equal to 100 medium-grade spirit stones and 1 medium-grade spirit stone is equal to 100 low-grade spirit stones.

'I think normally cultivators can't fully absorb the qi energy in a spirit stone. I can only do it because of the system. If everyone fully absorbed them then 1 high-grade spirit stone would be equal to 10 medium-grade spirit stones and not 100 medium-grade spirit stones. '

'Awesome! I will exchange all the spirit stones for low-grade ones , I will get much more that way.'

He looked at himself in the mirror. He was wearing a blue robe which had the symbol of the Seven Star Sacred Land on his left chest.

In the Seven Star Sacred Land, the outer sect disciples have white robes, the inner sect disciples have blue robes and the core disciples have orange robes. The elders wear red robes.
Although he was an inner sect disciple, he had gotten in thought because of his family background and his talent. Generally the requirements for joining the inner sect was to breakthrough to the core formation realmby the age of 20 years. He was at the foundation Establishment level 9 right now.

Qi condensation realm, Foundation Establishment realm, Core Formation realm,Golden Core Realm, and Nascent Soul realm.

The sect's requirement from disciples while recruiting was pretty high.
One needed to have brokenthrough foundation Establishment before 15 years of age in order to be an outer sect disciple.
To become an inner sect disciple, one needed to breakthrough to the Core Formation Realm before 20 years of age.
To become a core disciple, one needed to breakthrough to the Nascent Soul Realm before 40 years of age.

Or one needed to have really high talent in cultivation.

Talent is generally described as how fast one could take in qi energy in one's body. It depended on one's body constitution and varied from person to person.
Everyone generally starts cultivation from the age of 10 because that's when the body becomes capable of absorbing energy.

However talent only signified the rate of absorption of qi energy. It did not signify how far one would go in cultivation. It depended on various factors such as lucky encounters, resources, and hard work.

"Knock! Knock! Young Master food is ready."
"Come in."

A servant came in and kept the food on the table and went.

Cultivators did not need to take food or water from the core formation onwards. He had not reached that level yet.

Generally outer sect disciples had food in the hall designated for it specifically. Inner sect disciples and others were already in core formation or above so they did not need food however they still had servents bring it to them whenever they wanted. Yes the sect provided them with servants.

As the young master of an ancient family he had his own servants. There were 3 people who took care of his daily needs and 7 guards who protected him whenever he went out. 5 of them were in Golden Core realm. 2 other guards were in Nascent Soul realm. All 10 of them stayed in rooms right beside his. He was alloted a house in the inner sect region where all the inner sect disciples stayed.

In the Morningstar Continent, every Dynasty ruled over many kingdoms. The Grand Tai Dynasty ruled over 22 surrounding kingdoms.

The Grand Tai Dynasty is divided into many provinces. Each province was governed by a province governor who was appointed by the Grand Tai Dynasty.
The Seven Star Sacred Land is located in the Star Province. The Province Governor of the Star Province is selected by the Seven Star Sacred Land.

Although the Star Province was said to be in the Grand Tai dynasty, it did not dare to make any decisions in it. The Seven Star Sacred Land was the ruler. In fact the Seven Star Sacred Land also influenced the decisions of the dynasty since it was stronger than the dynasty itself!