CHAPTER 3 - Tianman Forest

In this world the animals could also absorb qi energy and become strong. They were also called monsters.

Upon reaching the core formation threshold, the monsters formed a core in their bodies. This core could be used to make different artifacts and things could be exchanged for spirit stones. The bodies , skin and bones were also used to make different materials.  So many people hunt monsters to make a living.

'I should hunt a few monsters and absorb their cores to see how  much energy they give. '

' Monsters sure have it easy. They just need to live and their body absorbs qi on their own.'

There were many forests and dangerous areas in the cultivation world filled with monsters. In the Star Province alone , there were around 5 large forests. One of them was called the Tianman forest and this was where Su Chenyu planned to go.

'In order to get monster cores I need to kill monsters which are at least at the level of core formation realm. I can't just ask the servents to do it since the family provided them for protection and not for helping me in every single thing. They will question me if I order them for such a thing. '
'They are at Golden Core Realm and if they came to assist me they will end up killing the monster themselves. '
'I should use the grade 3 sword and try to kill a few initial core formation realm monsters myself. '

His father had given him a few trump cards which he could use in times of danger. The grade 3 sword was one such thing. It could unleash the power of a core formation realm powerhouse when used . Of course it required qi energy for the wielder which a normal sworld did not require. 

He took out his communication token and contacted Hu Ming, one of his Nascent Soul realm servents,
"I want to fight some monsters in the Tianman forest. Make the arrangements "
"Yes, young master!"

The communication tokens were special artifacts used by cultivators to communicate with each other. When two people exchanged a whisp of qi into each other's communication tokens, they could send messages to each other from far apart. 

A luxurious flying carriage was made ready immediately.
They were special artifacts that could fly when qi energy was inserted.
Normally people traveled long distances by carriages on ground.  His flying carriage showed his status as the eldest young master of an ancient family.

When disciples exited or entered the sect they needed to record it down in a book which was kept in the mission hall.  His servents had taken care of it.

He soon got on the flying carriage and along with his 7 guards , the carriage flew towards Tainman Forest.

The two guards in the Nascent Soul realm were Ni Gong and Hu Ming.

The journey to they Tianman forest took 2 hours. After reaching the outside the forest , Su Chenyu brought Hu Ming and 3 other servants with him and told the rest to stay in the flying carriage .

He then took out the grade 3 sword from the storage ring.
Cultivators kept their things inside storage rings which was worn by them on the fingers. It was like a separate dimension which could keep things, But it could not fit living beings.

Seeing Su Chenyu take out the grade 3 Sword , Hu ming asked

"Young master , are you planning to fight a core formation realm monster?"
"Yeah, I feel like I have reached the peak of foundation Establishment level 9 and can kill core formation initial realm monsters with the help if this sword.
You can interfere only when I tell you to."
"I understand young master."

Hu Ming looked middle aged. Among the servants,  his status was a bit higher since Su Chenyu always communicated with him whenever he needed something.

Su Chenyu , Hu Ming and the other 3 guards began to walk towards the inner regions of the forest. They met a few qi condensation realm monsters which were taken care of by Su Chenyu alone in one stroke.

As they walked they found two foundation Establishment realm monsters.  Two mutated tigers.

Seeing them Hu Ming said:
"Young master, let us take care of these. It would be beneficial if you preserved all your strength to fight core formation realm monsters."
"Yes I suppose you are correct,  I haven't fought against a core formation realm before "

A servant who was at the Golden Core Realm sprang forward and casually punched the two in the face. The next moment both of the monsters had their heads blown away and fell down.

Just as they were going to continue their journey, Hu Ming exclaimed,
"Eh? Young master one of the mutated tigers had formed a core despite being in the foundation Establishment realm."

"What? Let me see"

Su Chenyu quickly went forward and cut open the corpse of the tiger with his sword. Yes it had a core. He took it out. It was filled with blood and looked gross but he could feel the qi energy in it. It was definitely higher than 1000 units. After all, it was a core. A core!! Which are generally present in the core formation realm or above monsters!

He put it in his storage ring.

"Will sell it later on"
The servants nodded.
Although he was rich as a result of being the eldest son of the Su family and also being an inner sect disciple,  a core of a core formation realm was still worth a few medium-grade spirit stones. The servants assumed he would sell it afterward. They weren't suspicious.

Of course,  Su Chenyu had no intention of selling it. When he returns to the sect, he will immediately absorb them.

They continued walking inside the forest. Occasionally they could sense a few core formation realm beasts at in the late stage but since Su Chenyu couldn't fight them he didn't go after them.

In order to not scare away the beasts Su Chenyu's servants had suppressed their cultivation and anyone below Nascent Soul realm would think that they were mortals. Monsters had low intelligence. 

One middle-stage core formation realm beast immediately attacked Su Chenyu upon seeing him.

"Let me exchange blows with it first! You can kill him if I am severely injured ." Su Chenyu shouted to his servants who were going to attack it.