07| ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ

Pentious slithered up the stairs, trying to figure out where the angels room was

Pentious slithered up the stairs, trying to figure out where the angels room was. He was determined to comfort her the best he could, but he didn't want to overstep his boundaries. The poor snake pondered in his own thoughts.

His eyes landed on a door at the end of the hall, not knowing it was hers. Hesitant, he knocked on the door.

"Miss (y/n)? Do yo ressside in here?" He asked, uncertainty in his voice. His thoughts went away once he heard her voice.

What do you want Pentious?" She was wrapped up in her wings, not wanting to be bothered with anyone. All she wanted was to be alone in her thoughts, but seems like that won't happen. "May I come in? I felt bad seeing you ssad.. was it me?" His face sadden. He had started to think it was fault, but it wasn't. She didn't know that script would hit too close to home.

The angel made her wings disappear and got up to open the door. Pentious was standing, teary eyed due to his own thoughts. "If it's my fault I'm very sorry.. I didn't mean to—"

(y/n) shushed him and guided him into her room, closing and locking the door in the process. She guided him over to her bed and motioned for him to sit.

"It's not your fault Pentious.. okay?" He wiped his eyes and batted them at her. "That script Charlie gave us.. it just hit too close to home and well.. that happened." The angel sat down next to him and continued talking. "My emotions just.. got the best of me.. that's all."

The snake demon gave her a sympathetic look. He didn't know the context just yet, but he felt bad. He didn't like seeing her cry. He wanted to make her smile no matter what.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened exactly for you to react that way?"

This made (y/n) tense up a little, but not in an alarming way. She felt like she could trust Pentious, but her own thoughts shielded her for saying something she shouldn't so, she decided to tell him, but be as discrete as humanly possible.

"Well.. i just remembered a very close friend of mine lied to me right in my face.. I was so blind and I didn't know what was truly going on with uh, er, her situation and I was hurt by it. We're not friends anymore but.. it still hurts.. and kinda still fresh." She sighed in relief internally. No wrong move and she would've gave herself away.

Pentious gave a 'oh' expression and nodded in understanding. "I'm very sorry about that.. that person must regret what they've done."

(y/n) glared slightly at the ground and let out a deep breath. She was able to speak but felt arms wrapp around her. He was hugging her.

A small blush formed across his face as he hugged the angel. He didn't know why he did it, but he sure as hell didn't regret it. "I would never do such a thing to you. You're my friend and I promise I will be honest with you, always my dear."

The woman embraced the snake demon back, a small blush formed on her cheeks as well. She appreciated his words and his comfort. The fact he listened to her meant a lot to her.

Pentious pulled away from her and stood up. "Now, Did I.. help you feel better?" He asked, hoping his efforts were enough. The angel nodded, "Yes Pentious, I appreciate it. Now go back with the others. I'll catch up in a bit." He nodded and slithered his way out the room, closing the door gently.

She got up and went to her vanity mirror and looked at herself. Her face was still a bit red from the hug. She didn't want to admit it but, her heart skipped a few beats during the bed. She didn't know if it was heart palpitations or her mind was playing tricks on her, either way, she was glad to be listened to by someone who isn't Charlie or Lucifer.

Hi lovely readers hope you enjoyed. Sorry this chapter is a little short. I loved writing this up because it's adorable. Also being a college student is stressful.
Bye now! <3