Chapter 35

First person pov:

Me and Paige stared at each other. Caddel? As in Harper Caddel? Umm no ma'am.

"Mr. Caddel you can sit next to Amari. Amari raise your hand please"

I looked around subconsciously and raised my hand slowly. He smiled and came sit. He looked at me and waved. I hesitated and then waved back. Maybe he's cool? I looked behind Braxton to look at Paige who had a pissed expression on her face. Her jaw was clenched. We made eye contact and she rolled her eyes and look back at the teacher.

The whole class Braxton was talking to me. "What page are we on?"
"Can you help me with this?"
" teach kinda agg"

He talks A LOT. And I thought I talk too much, but damn. I was low key getting a headache and my social battery was running out. My response got much much dryer. But he continued. I'm on my fifth "mh", eleventh fake laugh, and my third "fr?". At this point ima finna block him in real life. On top of it this girl Valerie, who I'm cool with, joins the conversation. She's my yapper friend. But right now I'm so overstimulated.

"What are y'all doing tonight? Y'all both seem cool, maybe wanna hang out?" Braxton asked.

"I'm hanging out with my GIRLFRIEND tonight" I said emphasizing girlfriend, just remind the people.

"Oh" he said.

"I'm free tonight!" Said Valerie.

"Now that I'm think about it, I have plans with my homeboy" he said

"I can come" she said

"If you really want to"

"Give me your number so you can text me the details"

"Ite" he responded dryly.

They did their thing and I just put my head down. The teacher started talking about a project that we had to do and then dismissed us. I get all my things and practically run to Paige.

"Omg why didn't you save me?" I say as we are walking side to side.

"I didn't know you needed saving, I went to sleep"

"I did they would not shut up"

"Who?"

"Braxton and Valerie"

"Damn double yapper"

"It was awful"

"Well now you are with me"

"He asked if I wanted to hang out and I told him I was hanging out with my girlfriend"

"He tried to ask you out?" She said with a disgusted face.

"No he asked me and Valerie if we wanted to hang out with him"

"He was trying to get in both of y'all drawls? At the same time??"

"No Paige no. At least I don't think"

"Ew he wants to have a threesome"

"You're gonna make me throw up, next topic"

"Okay Miss. Threesome"

"You must want to get in his drawls since you keep talking about him"

"Girl get the fuck outta here" she said playfully pushing me. We both laughed.

I ended up actually making plans with Paige. I texted her "I'm here" and knocked on the door. It was opened by Azzi who was wearing...Paige's clothes? Okay.. well they are roommates so it's nothing to worry about I guess.

She looked a little annoyed to see me though.

"Hey you okay?" I asked

"Yeah just a little sick"

"Oh okay I hope you feel better. Where is Paige?"

"Yeah um in her room"

"Kkk thanks"

"Mh" she said going into her room.

I follow her, but I go into Paige's room instead. I quietly open the door. Her phone is on the bed but she is nowhere to be found.

"Paige?" I call out.

Then I hear a thud and Paige comes rushing in from her closet.

"Oh hey mama" she said kissing my cheek.

"Hey baby" I say smiling. "What were you doing?"

"Trying to find my other shoe." She said going back to her closet and getting on her knees.

"Oh? Any luck?"

"Nah..oh wait-wait... FOUND IT!!" She said standing up and showing me the shoe cheering.

I laugh at her. She's so cute.

She sets the shoe with the other one. She walks back over to me. She picks me up bridal style and throws me on her bed causing me to yell.

"Paige!" I exclaim siting up on the bed.

"Yes?" She says look up at me with doe eyes.

"Why did you just throw me?" I ask

"Cause I love you"

"I love you, but I don't throw you"

"Because you physically can't"

"Oh? Yes I can"

"No you cannot. I live at the gym, you can't pick up all this muscle" she said flexing her muscles.

I push her arm down laughing.

"Not too much girl"