Chapter 26.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders

First person pov:

Soo it's Saturday and me and Paige are going on a date at 4. It's currently 1 so I'm running some errands. I decided to report Harper since I'm sick of her. We will see how that goes. I asked Geno if we could set up a private meeting and he agreed. I walk in the gym and head to his office. He is sitting down in his chair looking at papers. He isn't noticing me. I slowly knock on the door.

"Oh Amari! Come, have a seat what can I help you with?" He said cheerfully.

Someone's in a good mood.

I sat down and took a deep breath before I started talking. I don't know why I'm so nervous but I am.

"Ummm.. I-I.. give me a second"

What the fuck. Amari pull yourself together. We are supposed to be on some gangsta shit. I took a couple more deep breaths.

"Are you okay? Is everything alright at home? Are you in danger? Is someone hurting you?" He stopped to take a deep breath in. "Is it your knee?"

Woahhhh there. I'm already nervous and you're bringing back some of the worst times of my life?? My eyes start to water. I feel overwhelmed.

"Why are you crying? Amari?" Geno is concerned, you can tell by his tone.

"Yes I'm okay. Well no I'm not okay, but I'm okay. Wait no. Never mind I came here to talk to you about Harper."

"The new girl? That looks like you?"

Sigh. We don't even look alike for real.

"Yes I have reason to believe she was the reason I got sick."

"Woah that a big accusation to throw around."

"I know but-"

"No no it's fine she's already been reported."

What? Ummm okay..

"What? By who?"

"I can't disclose that information Sanders."

I look at him a tilt my head to the right. I'm so confused.

"Paige definitely did NOT come to my office the other day enraged because Harper gave you a box of- what did she say? Bug candy I think? I don't know but yeah."

A smile creeps on my face.

"Thank you coach"

"For what? I didn't tell you anything."

"Oh yeah you right. Bye I'll see you at practice."

"See you kiddo"

And with that I stand up, grab my bag and walk out.

I make it back to our door and as soon as I open the door Imani is asking me questions.

"Sooo?? How'd it go? Is she in trouble? Please tell me she's expelled! Is the police involved?"

"Hold your horses dude"

"Dude~" she says mocking me.

I side eye her because she got the wrong one.

"I didn't tell him."

"WHAT? We are going right now to tell him."Imani grabs my hand.

"Woah woah no wait Paige told him."

"Awww" Imani says as she pouts her lip out.

"Don't do too much"

"What are you wearing for y'all's date"

"Some slight."

"You have no clue huh?"

"Yeah" I say laughing.

Time skippy

It's 3:48 and my room is a total mess. I have clothes on the floor, makeup everywhere, shoes everywhere,

DING DONG

I know Paige is not here. She's early. Great. There is just so much going on. All that matters is that I look good. Wait where's my other shoe? Bitch be for real.

"Looking for this?"

I turn around to see Imani holding my shoe.

"Oh thank the Lord" I said letting out my breath, while having my hand on my heart. I grab the shoe and put it on. While running towards the door.

"Took you long enough." Says Paige while laughing.

"Shut up you came earlier than expected."

"Here" she hands me a bouquet of magnolias. How the fuck did she get magnolias? It's not their blooming season yet.

"Paige how-"

"Shhh I know you love them. So I got them don't worry about how I got them."

"How do you know I love them? I never told you that.."

Ouuu you been doing your homework on me bae🤭🤭

"I- You have you just don't remember, or it's a lucky guess or..it.. that doesn't matter"

I laugh. Somebody can't lie for shit.