Chapter 3.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders

First person pov:

I woke up to my alarm. It was finally game day! I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth then quickly got dressed, put my hair in a low ponytail and did my makeup. I started packing my bag. Double checking to make sure I have everything I need for the game. Extra hair ties check water check clothes to change into after the game check my jersey check a towel check basketball shoes check blah blah check and blah blah checked. I THINK I have everything I need. I walked out my room to see an already dressed Imani who was making breakfast.

"Good morning" she said sounding like somebodies mama. "I made you some coffee"

"Thank youuu, whats for breakfast?" I said moving around her to pour me a cup of coffee and to get some creamer.

"I making pancakes with an assortment of fruit. Oh and I already made your protein shake for you."

Now you do not understand how good this girl makes pancakes. They are too die for. Like no jokes they are that good. Especially her chocolate chip ones.

"You are literally the best. I don't know what the team would do without you. I don't know what I'd do with you!"

"I know I'm the best basketball manger out there." She said laughing.

After double checking we had everything, we packed everything into my car. I got in the drivers seat, while Imani got aux. "She Will" by Lil Wayne ft. Drake starting playing.

"YOUNG MONEY! I TELL HER, 'NOW GOIN' POP THAT PUSSY FOR A REAL NIGGA," we yelled along with the lyrics. I literally love Drake and Lil Wayne. I have a whole Drake tapestry in my room. It took us about 20 minutes to get to the venue. Every single one of the freshmen players were already there. Figured. Separating from Imani, I went into the locker room. As I got closer I heard "Pure Cocaine" by Lil Baby playing.

"WE TURNT IN THIS BIHHH" yelled Nola, it's her last year playing college basketball and she's been making sure the last of her games were lit. A couple girls cheered with her, encouraging her behavior. I just chucked, shaking my head. I changed into my jersey and put my shoes on. The coach made us stretch, do shooting drills, and a couple team strategy sessions. People starting filling in, taking their seats. We were told to go back into the locker rooms to wait. We got a little motivational speech and then we just started talking shit. Suddenly Amora walked in all loud.

"Y'all guess what!"

"What" we said as one.

"The Uconn girls are here and they were stalking our girls basketball page on insta talking shit. And they said quote on quote, "Why the they look like they supposed to be on Baddies East or some shit?' Wtf mane!"

I laughed. I mean it was true most of the girl had their hair done, had fake lashes on, and a lot of them put makeup on for games. But still what does it matter? This caused an uproar. Now the girls were determined to win. As much as I love my cousin right now we are rivals.

On the court (I know nothing about basketball btw)

It was now 53-51. We were winning. Thank the Lord. That would have been embarrassing with all the shit we was talking to lose. I was sitting my little pretty ass on the bench sweating. Coach took me out because she saw that I was getting tired. I was happily cheering my girls on, being inconsiderate of the people around me. Everything was fine until Coco hit the ground. Everyone was worried. Medical rushed to help her. She had tears in her eyes as she said her wrist hurt.

"Amari sub for Coco"

I got up jogging to my position. We were still winning, but UConn was not far behind us. I noticed that every time I had the ball there would be Paige trying to find a way to steal it from me.  When I would score, a minute later she would too. It got to a point where it was this constant battle of one upping each other. She was starting to get on my nerves bad and I could tell she was getting agitated. Once I get home, I will be re-straighten my hair. There was a collision on court and the refs came running with they stupid non-calling fouls asses. Nobody was fighting or anything, it was just that four girls ran into each other causing all they other players on court to circle around them worried. The refs were yelling for everyone to separate. I was literary zigzagging, trying to get around, when I felt a pair of cold hands on my waist moving me to the side.

"Excuse me ma" was all I heard. I looked up to see that the hands belonged to Paige mf Bueckers. She was now walking away from me with a stupid smirk on her face. Ain't no way. She must not know. Around here you get dicked down for doing some shit like that. I made my way back to where I was supposed to be shrugging her off.

Time skip

"Okay this shot will determine if they win or not. I just know Amari is feeling the pressure"

I took deep breaths. Us and Uconn were currently tied. I got this. I've done this a hundred times. I shot and it goes in. I was suddenly surrounded. My team celebrated our victory yelling and jumping. It was time to shake hands with the opposing team. I shook hands with Azzi first.

"Y'all actually won" she said hugging me.

"Of course we did"

"Do ya'll maybe wanna go out with us tonight? You know your team and mine. I think it would be nice."

I turned to my team for confirmation. They all nodded their heads yes. Azzi looked to her team and they seemed to be fine with it.

"Yeah okay just let me know and we'll figure out plans"

We wrapped things up and headed out. Let's see where the night takes us.