Chapter 1.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders

Third person pov:

Amari laid in her bed exhausted. She couldn't get a break. First it was the summer workouts, then school started, not soon after it was volleyball season, and now it was finally basketball and softball season. She had made a little routine. She went to basketball practice on Mondays and Wednesdays and went to softball practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then she would shower and start on her school work. Amari's routines were very very important to her. Without them she would be a hot mess. The curly haired girl suddenly sighed. She had to get up and shower. Being sweaty made her feel gross and less feminine. She got up and grabbed a sweater with her school logo on it and some sweat pants. She grabbed her speaker and walked into her bathroom. She started the water letting it get hot, while she grabbed her a towel. She decided she wasn't going to wash her hair. She didn't need to, today was not wash day. She picked up her phone connecting to the speaker and played "What You Heard" by Sonder. She hopped into the shower washing her body thoroughly. After she washed and used her tree hut scrub. She got dressed and did her skincare,

First person pov:

I was walking out the bathroom when I heard the front door to my dorm close. I got scared forgetting that fact I have a whole roommate who lives with me. I cautiously walked out my room. It was just Imani's ugly ass. "Omg you scared the crap outta me!" She looked at me stupid and then laughed. "Can I not come into MY own dorm now?" she said putting her bag down. "If you can't come in with a loving attitude, no you cannot." I said. "Girl don't start with me" she laughed.

"Anyways how was your dayyy?"

"Good I didn't do too much practice wore my ass out though."

"Where did you even go after practice?" Now that I think about it after practice she just dipped, without saying a word.

"I went see my mannnnn" She said sticking her tongue out.

"Which one?"

"Mais shut up"

"You brought home any food? I'm starving."

"Yo lil ass always gotta be eating something."

"Ass ain't little though" I said twerking.

"Ghetto." She said pushing me to stop.

"Boo you whore" All of a sudden I heard my phone ring. I ran to get it. It was my favorite cousin in the whole wide mf world, Azzi.

"Heyy" I said answering.

"Heyy wyd" She said it sounded like she was with a bunch of people.

"Chilling with Imani, you?" I looked up at Imani who mouthed "Who's that?".

"Oh I'm on the phone with Azzi."

"Your cousin? The fine one?" She said loud enough so I know for a fact Azzi could hear. I looked at my phone to see Azzi smirking looking to the left.

"What happened to that man of yours?"

"When it comes to her, I don't have one."

"Girl bye" I said turning to talk to Azzi again.

"Are you ever gonna come to Uconn?" Azzi asked.

"Maybe I don't know." Me and Imani have been considering transferring to Uconn, it has a great women's basketball team, but I don't know if change would be good for us right now.

"Y'all ready to lose this weekend?"

"Girl please we ain't losing"

She laughed "Mh hm. We gon see" Just then the phone was snatched from her hands by some blonde girl. I'm pretty sure her name is Paige I've seen her on Instagram. I followed her back a while ago.

"Huskies on top" She said with pure confidence. Then all I heard was a bunch of girls screaming and agreeing with her. She stood up and raised the phone showing the whole Uconn women's basketball team cramped into somebodies room. I rolled my eyes.

"Damn they all fine. It's final, we going to Uconn" Imani said peaking her nosy ass over my shoulder checking the WHOLE mf team out.

"Get out my face with that." I said playfully pushing her.

"Ight we about to head out, I'll call you later. Love you" Azzi said snatching the phone back.

"kkk love you too" I said hanging up. That girl know damn well she ain't calling me back.