Chapter 18.

Paige M

Paige M. Bueckers

Third person pov:

It has been two days since the game. Paige had kinda been avoiding Amari. Why? She was a little scared. Paige was a confident person in everything. Nothing had ever really scared her except when she tore her acl. Sometimes she would have nightmares of her recovery suddenly going south and her having to take a break from basketball forever. She never told anyone about these dreams expect for Azzi. Azzi always comforted her. That's what she loved about her. But it was different for this situation. She hadn't told Azzi about her kiss with Amari. She didn't know how she would react. Azzi acted differently when it came to Amari. Amari was Azzi's baby cousin. Forever and always. Azzi would go to the ends of the earth for Amari. So if Paige and Amari were to date and something happened between them causing them to break up, whose side would Azzi take? Would Azzi hate Paige forever? That's what Paige worried about. She was also scared of rejection and relationships. Of course she had some flirty moments and some one time things, but never settled down. This was because of Harper. Paige's ex girlfriend. Harper and Paige had dated in high school. They met through basketball. Harper was a cheerleader. They had a great relationship. Well expect for the arguments and manipulation. Oh and the cheating.

Flashback

It was my one of my last games as a senior in high school before the season ended. The team we were playing was good not gonna lie. The score was 29-28 we were one point ahead at the moment. The coach called a time out. I looked over at my girlfriend to wave at her. My heart dropped she was talking to a player on the rivals team. Number 15. She was tall, brown skin and she had dreads. I didn't like how close they were. I was glaring at them. When number 15 reached over kissing Harper. Harper leaned into the kiss wrapping her hands around the other girl. My heart dropped. Harper turned over to look at me with a smirk on her face. I mugged her. She winked. It's an evil world we live in. I looked away so she didn't see the tears that were about to force their way out of my eyes.

"You alright?" One of my teammates asked.

"Yeah" I said whipping a tear off my face. My teammate wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"You're good. Fuck that trashy bitch."

We ended up losing 53-67

End of Flashback

Paige was over it. Harper wasn't shit. But she did get angry at the thought of the girl. So she decided to go to the gym and shoot some hoops.

"Something on your mind kid?" Asked Coach Geno coming out of his office.

"It's nothing." Paige responded.

"You sure?"

"Yeah"

"Okay well if you need anything you can text me."

"I will thanks."

Without saying anything Geno left leaving Paige with her own thoughts.

Amari K. Sanders
First person pov:

I was out with Imani. We decided to spend the whole day together. It was getting late and Imani had to pick up a paper from her professor. As we were walking a saw a girl. I had never seen her before. She was mixed with straight hair.

"Imani? Who's that?" I asked

"Uhhh I don't know. Think she's new." Imani said squinting to look at the girl.

We continued our way to the classroom. I stood outside the door waiting for Imani. She was taking long. I pulled my phone out and text Paige. She hasn't been talking to me lately.

                                     Paige B 😍

                                                                           Hey
Wsp
                                                                        Wyd?
Chillin
                                                                       Chillin?
Yeah u?
                                                       Waiting for Imani
Coo
                                                      What's wrong?
?
                                                     You've been distant
No just busy and if I
was it's not your business
                                                                                   K
                                                                              read
                                         — —

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why is she acting like this? Maybe she thought the kiss was a mistake. I sighed. If she wanna act like that then she can go right ahead. I don't have time for that bull.

"What's wrong?" Asked Imani

"Paige is being weird."

"Of course"

We started walking back to our doors when the girls were saw from the office came up to us.

"Hey I'm new. Can you please tell me where dorm D is?"

"Yeah it's by the heath center. There is a big sign that tells you where to go." I responded.

"Oh thank you so much."

"No problem."

"Have you found all your classes?"

"Um no I haven't." The mystery girl chucked.

"Lemme see your schedule."

"Here"

Imani and I looked at her list of classes.

"Oh we have two classes together." I said

"We have four" said Imani.

"That's great. At least I'll know someone now."

I laughed at her relief.

"Oh we didn't introduce ourselves. I'm Imani and this is Amari. What's your name?" Asked Imani.

"My name is Harper Caddel. Nice to meet you."