Chapter 14

Summary: The Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff takes place.

The night Black broke into Hogwarts, more precisely into the Gryffindor common room, proves that if he really is out for revenge (which I personally think is unlikely), he's going after Harry specifically, since the Slytherin common room remains untouched, at least for the time being. This means that the teachers don't leave my brother alone at almost any time, not even at Quidditch practice in the evenings, as Madam Hooch is supervising them. Meanwhile, the weather only gets worse. Heavy rain and wind have covered the grounds of Hogwarts for the last few days.

I walk into the common room after dinner on a Tuesday, noticing the commotion around the fireplace. Marcus Flint and the other players from the Slytherin Quidditch team, including Draco, seem to be happy, even celebrating something. 

"What happened?" I ask as I approach them. I turn in the direction of Cassia's voice.

"My brother managed to change the Quidditch matches." she replies. "The match that was supposed to be this Saturday between Gryffindor and Slytherin will now be between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff."

I frown, still confused as to why the change. 

"We can't play without our seeker, can we?" says Pansy. 

This doesn't help to answer my question, and Zoe seems to realise it. 

"Flint is using the excuse that Draco's arm hasn't recovered 100% yet." explains Zoe, and then she comes close to my ear. "But of course it's just an excuse not to play in bad weather."

I can't complain about that attitude, I'll support whatever it takes to make sure we don't lose. 

In the same week as the match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, there's another change: Snape teaches the Defence Against the Dark Arts class. Very strange... 

Saturday arrives and the rain and heavy wind continue. However, that's not enough to dampen the cheering on the Quidditch pitch, as the whole school is there. Me, Cassia, Zoe, Megan and Melia join the Hufflepuff crowd, including Stella and Aster, to watch the match. Most of the Slytherins are rooting for Hufflepuff, myself and a few others are even wearing yellow and black clothes to show our support. Aster is rooting for her House more than ever, after all it's her brother Cedric Diggory's (Hufflepuff seeker) first match as team captain. Not only is she dressed head to toe in yellow and black, but her face is also painted in the colours of her House. 

Even though my support is established, I pop into the changing room before the match to wish Harry good luck. I enter the changing room and see a few heads turning to see who's come in. Several look at me with disdain, seeing that I'm wearing Hufflepuff colours. 

When I find my brother in the midst of people wearing red and gold, he's stunned, probably surprised to see me in Hufflepuff colours. I speak before he can say anything, "Come on, you would never root for Slytherin if it were the other way round, would you?"

"But you're not even on the Slytherin team!" says Harry, still astonished to see his sister wearing the colours of the rival team. 

I roll my eyes. "Don't make me want to join the Slytherin team to prove my point... Besides, you'll thank me for what I came to do for you."

This seems to pique his interest. Other Gryffindor players approach, equally interested and curious. 

"As well as coming to wish you good luck like the great sister I am," I start to say. "I've discovered a spell that will help your glasses from fogging up in all this rain."