🆃🅸🅼🅱🅴🆁

"What do you mean you didn't ask his name?" Detective Jardine asked impatiently of the officer in front of him. It's late at the station, but everyone is awake or out doing their shift patrolling the forest.

"The only person out there was an old man in a cabin. He seemed around 50 or 55 at most," the male officer said. "He wasn't what your description said."

Jardine sighed in frustration and slight exhaustion from this case, but he couldn't file it away again. He needed this case. "You really just left it at that? What if he was lying? What if-" Jardine was cut off by the chief of police, who burst into the room.

"We need to call back all remaining patrolling officers this instant!" The chief commanded, pointing to a few of the people who were working at the desk. They immediately jumped, starting with the loud interruption.

"What is this all about?" Jardine asked, looking around the room with a confused expression. The commander looked like he was about to explode in anger and fear all at once.

"I've had three cars and six men go missing in that damn forest in the last three hours!" He raged. Everyone in the room slowly fell silent. Jardine stepped up a bit in shock.

"Missing? You mean you can't contact them? What about the trackers built into the cars?" The chief of police ran his hand through his thinning gray hair.

"Not a trace can be found. They haven't been responding for the past few hours. Jardine, if you don't call back the remaining teams within the next ten minutes, I will make sure that you will never find work again." The chief of police was more than pissed. Detectives couldn't believe it; people had gone missing in that forest. Jardine quickly told the person at the computer to call all officers back to the station as quickly as they could.

Those rumors were total bullshit, after all.

Y/N decided to take a shower because Toby threw her in the mud. While Y/N showered, Toby picked up the stuff around the bedroom. It was mostly clothes and shoes. Toby picked up his coat off the bedroom floor, and there was a small metal clink. He looked down to see Y/N's old engagement ring. He knelt over and picked it up, turning and inspecting it.

It was pretty, and it had three diamonds, one large one in the center and two smaller ones on the outside, and a gold band. Toby looked at the bathroom door before putting the ring on a high shelf, so she couldn't find it. He folded his coat and put it on his desk chair. Another wave of sickness was washing over him, but this one wasn't as strong.

Toby knew he would have a mission soon; he could feel it in his gut. He would love to rip apart some of the scum of the earth with his hatchets, cutting them open and lighting their insides on fire, but the thought of leaving Y/N alone at the cabin worried him. Toby felt an itch to bite at his hands—to wish away the worries that filled his head—but he clenched his fists.

He heard the shower in the bathroom turn off, and he was snapped out of his thoughts. The glint of his hatchets caught his eyes as they slowly looked over at the two sharp weapons. Swiftly, he grabbed his jacket, slipped on his boots, and put his orange goggles on his head. Then he took one hatchet—the newer one. Toby went to the bathroom door and knocked on it with his knuckles.

"Hey, Y/N, I'm going on a walk; I should be back in a little bit." Toby said the stinging sensation of his proxy symbol started up again. "Be careful," Toby reminded her.

"Oh, alright," Y/N said from behind the door. She cracked it open, only to reveal her face and some of her wet hair. Some of the steam from inside the bathroom clouded out. Toby didn't expect that. Y/N grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him closer. Her lips grazed his before she gave him a kiss goodbye. Toby's cheeks turned a rosey color as Y/N shut the door back. The sickness in his stomach mixed with the sense of embarrassment he felt.

"Bye bye," Toby said, his voice softening by a ton. His boots clomped against the floor as he left the cabin. He made sure he had all his things and shut the door behind him. He debated whether he should lock the cabin so Y/N couldn't get out of it, but he figured he could trust her enough to leave her alone.

Toby started to whistle as he walked through the woods. He went off the trail, swatting at any of the prickly foliage that was in his way with his hatchet. A smile printed on his face as he thought of the little kiss they had before he left.

The woods weren't too quiet. There were crickets chiming and birds singing their songs as the sun started to set. Toby was thinking about how nice the evening was when he heard a rumble in the distance. His head swiveled, and his eyes caught on one of the winding dirt trails. There was a police car that was slowly driving down the narrow road. Toby dove behind one of the thick trees, watching like a hawk.

The car stopped on the trail, the brakes squeaking as it did. A breeze blew through the area, making the trees creak and rattle. Toby clenched his hatchet in his left hand, trying to see who was in the vehicle. Silence fell over the forest like a suffocating blanket. One of the trees next to the car croaked, and it fell on the back seat of the car, crushing it. The car's siren made one last wail before it went quiet again, and a cop hurried out of the car, cursing. Toby's eyes widened, not in surprise but in knowing what would happen next.

The spot on his neck stung again; it felt horrible. He watched until the officer had his back to him, who was obviously confused. Toby knew exactly what had happened to the car. The Slenderman is the only one with enough power to manipulate the forest. The pain got worse and worse until he couldn't take it. Toby sprinted to the car. He hopped on the hood before bringing the blunt end of the hatchet down on the man's skull.

Y/N scrunched the water out of her hair with the towel. Her body finally felt relaxed now that she wasn't sticky or muddy. She hung up the towel and ruffled her hair. She looked in the mirror, looking just as good as she felt. She smiled, reaching for her tooth brush and putting some minty toothpaste on the bristles. She started to scrub her chompers, which felt nice after not having access to a toothbrush in days. Y/N's brushing slowed as she tasted something other than the minty toothpaste. It was some sort of coppery and cold liquid that was mixed with her saliva.

Her face scrunched up, and she spat out the contents of her mouth into the sink. Thick black goo dripped in clumps from her mouth. She let out a shriek of horror and gagged at the foreign feeling on her tongue. Y/N spat out the goop a few more times before it was completely gone. It almost looked like it was leeches or some sort of alien. She threw her tooth brush across the bathroom, and it landed on the shower floor.

"What the hell is that!?"