my girls

Y'all i saw this idea in another book and HAD to write my own version of it. I've never done one like this before but it's a fucking adorable idea.
———

I bit my fingernails anxiously and watched my four year old daughter eat her snacks on the couch. Her hair was up in two pig tails and she was wearing her favorite outfit. If it was up to her she'd wear her overalls every single day, but, as upsetting as it is to her, they need to be washed.

I've been with Matt for nearly a year and I've been keeping one hell of a secret. I had Addison when I was sixteen and to this day Matt knows nothing of her existence. I'm terrified at the thought of him leaving me because I'm a mother.

The relationship Addisons father and I had was nothing short of abusive. When he found out I was pregnant he tried doing everything he could to terminate it, which landed him in prison. With him out of the picture I did everything to better our lives, chased my dream of being an influencer, which is where I met Matt. He healed a heart he didn't break, all while I've kept this huge secret from him.

"Addie, baby, you ready to go?" She looked over to me and smiled that sweet little smile. She nodded her head and jumped off the couch, "Let's get your shoes on."

"Where are we going?" Her little voice asked, "I want my pink shoes." She pointed to the pink light up shoes and I helped slide them on her feet. After they were on she did, what I like to call, good luck hops around to see them light up.

"We're going to meet a friend of mine," I grabbed her hand and locked the door, "His name is Matthew."

"Is he your boyfriend?" My jaw dropped, having no idea where she learned the term from, "Aunt Sassy said you had a boyfriend."

"Well Aunt Sassy needs to keep her mouth shut." I laughed. 'Aunt Sassy' is the nickname we gave my best friend, "But, yes, he's my boyfriend."

I buckled her into her car seat and jumped in behind the wheel. It was a short drive to the guys' house and they had already invited me over, which they do nearly every day so my presence wouldn't be a surprise to them.

My stomach did front flips the entire way there, anxiety eating away at my mental with each turn I took. This was the moment I've been going back and forth about for months and I'm not quite sure what pushed me to decide today was the day. All I know is Matt and I are in it for the long haul, so he deserves to know.

I pulled into the driveway and took a deep breath, resting my forehead against my steering wheel for a brief moment.

"I want out." Addie pouted from the back seat, "Can I get out?" I laughed at her lack of patience and got out of the car, making my way to her and unbuckling her from her car seat. As we walked to the front door, her hand held tightly onto mine. Her backpack full of toys was strapped tight over her shoulders as she scanned her surroundings.

"Y/n!?" Nick yelled when I opened the front door, "Who's the kid?" I looked up the stairs and saw him looking down at us.

"Kid?"

"There's a child here?"

Matt and Chris joined Nick in looking down at me, confusion in their eyes. I stood frozen in my place, Addison looking at the three of them.

"We should talk." I said to Matt, "I, uh, okay—well—"

"Is everything okay?" Tears swelled in my eyes as Matt came down the stairs to meet me at the door. Chris and Nick made their awkward exit to give us some space and went to another room, "Whatever it is, it's okay. Let's go sit."

The three of us sat on the couch, Addison opening her backpack and beginning to play with her dolls next to us.

"So there's this, um, this kind of big secret I've been keeping and I don't know how—"

"Mommy, can I have some juice?"

"Mommy?" Matt asked, his eyes widening for a second, my stomach dropped, "She's yours?"

"Matt," I took a deep breath and Addison came over to me, "I swear I was going to tell you but with everything that happened and how young I was I just couldn't—I don't know, it was too much and I was scared—"

"Scared?" Matt asked, "Scared of what? Me leaving?" I nodded my head and wiped away the tears before Addie could see them, "Y/n, absolutely not. I love you for you, now I just get the added bonus of a mini you running around."

"Please don't leave." I still couldn't get it through my head that he's not running, he's staying, "Please." I knew this was a lot to take in, but him remaining calm and soaking it all in meant the world to me.

Matt's arms pulled me into a hug and placed a kiss onto the top of my head, "Hey, Addie." He said to her. Her eyes diverted from her doll to look at him, "I have a surprise for you. C'mere."

She smiled widely and took his hand, walking with him to the fridge, "Juice!" She yelled excitedly, seeing the apple juice in the fridge. Matt grabbed her a glass and sat it onto the table, helping her pour it into the cup.

"Oops we spilled some!" Matt grabbed a paper towel, "It's okay, we can clean it up." With his hand over hers, he helped her clean the small spill.

"Are you my new daddy?" I was shocked at the words that had just left my daughter's mouth.

"No, Addie—"

"Yeah," Matt cut me off, "I'm your new dad and I'm not going anywhere." His eyes gave me a loving glance, then looked to Addie with a look of absolute adoration, "You two are my girls."

In that moment I fell in love with him all over again.

———

I've never written anything like this before and I honestly really like it. I could always do a part two but idk what I would write it about. If you want a part two lmk :)

Also, I really wanna do some angst/fluff for a Chris imagine, any suggestions?