because i'm in love with you

I don't even really like this one idk why. Idk if the reader and Matt are dating or not in this, I guess it's up for interpretation. You can read it as they're already together or this is a first time confession, I think it makes sense for both
———

"Brought you a coffee." Matt said as he walked into the kitchen and sat it down next to my laptop. I gave him a mumbled 'thank you' and continued working.

I had homework due from last week, an exam coming up tomorrow, and photos I took nearly a month ago to sort through and edit.

"She's dialed in." I heard Nick say as he joined me with his own laptop at the table, "I'm editing today's video so keep yourselves entertained." Matt nodded his head and walked away, acting as though he had more to say. Chris had no trouble grabbing his controller and plopping down on the couch cushion to play video games.

Still without speaking a word, I grabbed the coffee and took a sip, a small smile forming on my lips when I realized it's my favorite. My eyes glanced at Matt, who was anxiously biting his fingernails and staring off into the land of nothingness on the couch next to Chris.

I decided to brush it off and continue working, if I want to graduate I have to stay focused.

Hours went by before realizing the sun had set and my eyes were burning. Every once in awhile tears would form from the lack of blinking only to be wiped away as I continued working.

"You should take a break." Matt gently suggested as he slid into the chair across from me, "You've been working non stop for three hours."

"I have more to do. This essay isn't gonna write itself." I said back to him, instantly feeling bad for the sarcasm that slipped.

"I'll write it. What's it about?" He tapped the side of my laptop and pulled my attention away from the screen. On his lips was a sweet, caring closed-mouth grin.

"Love." I answered, "The assignment is to write about our definition of love. How we show it, how we like to receive it, stuff like that." I then found myself slightly chuckling, "How am I supposed to write about it?"

"You know what love is." Matt said confidently and began reading the things I typed, "Love is getting someone their favorite coffee order." He smiled, since earlier he had done exactly that for me.

"Is it not?" With a raised brow and curiosity in my voice, I stared at him. My undivided attention must have made him nervous, because his cheeks flushed crimson red.

"It is." He answered, "Here, let me help." His hands rested on the table and he began pressing the keys.

After fifteen minutes of typing, he turned the laptop back around to face me and stood up, "I'm heading to bed."

"Night." My eyes were already glued to the screen as he walked into the room.

Love was never a foreign word to me. I love my brothers, my mom, and my dad. Love is sneaking a treat to my dog just because, or letting my brother talk about things he enjoys for hours without understanding a word he is saying. Love is surprising your favorite people with things they enjoy. Love is a warm, secure feeling.

But, there's a big difference between loving someone and being IN love.

Being in love is knowing that even on her worst days, even on the days she hates me, I would never break my loyalty to her. Being in love is studying her features as she focuses on homework. Being in love is playing her favorite song in the car or holding her when she cries over something she can't explain. Being in love is sharing their emotions because you're just that connected.

True unconditional love is still being in love with her if the day ever comes she decides she doesn't love me.

Being in love is being with her.

And I know that because I'm in love with you.

By the time I was done reading I had tears in my eyes, this time I didn't wipe them away. Instead, I closed my laptop and took one last sip of the now watered down coffee, then made my way to Matt's room.

"I love you." My voice cracked and his arms opened for me as he laid in bed. I let my body crash into his and snuggled right up next to him, "Thank you for being you."

"I love you, too." His lips pressed softly against my forehead, "Get some sleep, you need it."

———

This isn't even good. Why did write this? I typed it in 15 minutes

My brain is fried

Have a good night/day everyone ❤️