chapter 8

Stephanie 28
Sebastian 30

Stephanie

I run the straightner through the strands of my hair . My lipstick staining my lips to an exotic shade. I run my palms over my silk dress , the fabric falling to my ankle but the slit allowing my left thigh to make an appearance every now and then.

The lilac silk shade of the dress complimenting my caramel brown skin. The fabric hugging my curves giving me an instant ego boost.

I didn't opt to be a bridesmaid. It just doesn't sit with me to stand beside the new couple till the ceremony ends.

" Wine?" A deep voice catches my attention. Though it's alluring I didn't quite enjoy it .

I turn my face to see Marcio, Sebastian's best friend. If it weren't for him I wasn't ever giving a fuck about his existence. In all due respect the guy has stood by me always.

"No ,thank you"

" He's coming "

" I didn't ask" I snap at him ,Picking up my gloss and phone, uprooting and settling with bianca and demitri.

I don't have beef with marcio,but a part of me fears that he might break the news to me about Sebastian with another woman. And I don't wanna hear any of that, not today atleast.

" Principessa" my mom calls out , the Alice in me finding her way out of her wonderland.

" Si, mumma." I follow her around like a lost puppy. She holds my hand and brings me to a table.

" Your aunt , remember? " She says stating the obvious.

" How can I forget." I smile ear to ear while we exchange air kisses." I used to babysit her son, and he used to run around without any pants , his adorable bottom on show for everyone." A string of laughter escapes our lips.

" You look beautiful. The last thing I expected from Stephanie was to be this ladylike." She puns.

We are so much into gossiping when a woman places her hands on my mom's shoulder. Both the ladies in their late 50s yelp like teenagers and clasp onto for dear life.

No , this is not good. She is Mrs molinaro

I smile looking at my mom so cheerful even at this age. My nose smells something, it's kind of a nostalgic feeling . My body reacts to it. I know this cologne , my teeth nibs on my lower lip as I  look besides me.

A man six feet tall, dark brown irises , his dark skin glistening from sweet sweat . Every inch of his muscle begging for freedom in the three piece suit he's wearing . My eyes raise to his neck , the snazzy veins popping out while the man breathes heavy.

When our eyes meet I stare at those irises. Sebastian. He stares at my face while his hands resting in his perfectly tailored suit pants pockets.
His gaze lowers to my lips.

The way his eyes darken as he stares at them. The radiating aura of the man he is provokes the woman in me. Desire taking over his optics. I want to beg him to take me here on these buffet platforms raw.

  He lowers his face until his lips are almost touching my earlobe. My muscles stiff at the tension.

     " Hi , la mia bella signora" he whispers. The name he used to always call me, my beautiful lady. I pull back and look into his eyes, there's a soothing effect to my body but still a part of me feels restive.

This isn't supposed to happen. I turn my gaze back to my mom and whisper ," I'll be back".

My eyes meet his one last time before I excuse myself . He looks agitated and dangerous. He looks like a murder about to happen.

I couldn't care less and enter one of the dressing rooms locking myself in . I'm still attracted to him as the first time, his touches and gazes work the same on my body. My feelings for him hasn't changed but the way he couldn't care less and never contacted me is an enough signal for me to back off. Or is it?