Chapter 4 - A Prank?

Holding your bow and arrow steadily, you stood in your backyard with your uncle standing beside you. After taking a moment to aim at the circular shooting target, your vision suddenly became hazy.

You began to see them again. You never understood why those strange and unsettling shadows were grinning, so why were you forced to see them now?

'They not real Y/n, They're not real!'

As a result, you gasped and staggered back, missing your shot, but your uncle caught you before you could fall. You felt an intense burning sensation in your eyes, and he seemed a little startled by this.

"Woah there kid it's alright." You started tearing up from the pain, though, and you got to your feet, so his words did not seem like much.

"I wanna go again." When you stood up and positioned yourself, your uncle shook his head and touched your shoulder.

"I think you had enough practice for today. Let's go inside I'm sure Aunt Ma is finish preparing dinner. Go wash up and come eat." You nodded slightly, laid down your bow, and replaced the arrow in its pouch as you sighed in defeat, according to what he said.

You truly have no idea what is going on, but ever since then, the visions have gotten creepier than they were. When you were younger, You used to see a lot of things. When you first tried to tell Aunt Ma that the sky was turning red, she suggested that maybe you should have your eyes examined.

Ever since, you have experienced strange or terrifying dreams that would eventually come true after a few days or weeks. The nightmares have not really crossed your mind.

You were then required to begin using eye drops because, following a hallucination, your eyes tended to become dry. These drops also assisted in relieving the pain. It's been a headache since you were ten years old, but you have gotten used to it.

Present time

You had a bad feeling about this house, and the more you looked around, the more you began to see those things again. You occasionally experience eye pain, but you are not really sure why.

Tears well up in your eyes as a result of the stinging pain. Tyler approached you. You make eye contact and hastily take out your eye drops from your pockets. 

"Are you really that scared?" With his arms folded across his chest, he observed you and took note of the tiny eye drop bottle before asking a question. "What's that for?"

"For my eyes. They tend to get dry sometimes. Not like you have anything to do with it" After giving your explanation, you moved to stand behind the group. Tyler furrowed his brows in frustration and trailed behind you.

"Welcome to the Sorrel Weed House! So, this is the Foyer. Mostly everything in the house is original with the exception of furniture and the paint on the wall." You could not help but feel your vision become blurry once more after the woman's explanation. 

"This is the Francis Sorrel Library and the man you see in this portrait is Robert E. Lee. He was a dear friend of Francis who visited the Sorrel House quite often. In the winter of 61-62, just before the great war, General Lee used this as his office. As far as this spooky activity goes This room seems to be the most calm. Not to say there isn't any ghostly activity in here, But of the entire house. I'd say it's Milder-" A phone rang right as she was finishing her sentence. After reaching into her pocket, the woman took out her phone.