Chapter 2 - Discussion

As you enter the cafeteria after leaving the bathroom, you are surrounded by the sounds of people talking , laughing, and eating. You decide not to eat lunch because you are still feeling queasy from your dream during class.

You looked around for your friends, and by this point, you would rather call them that than classmates. When you saw Taylor waving you over from across the cafeteria, you smiled slightly to yourself before heading over.

With a groan, you sat between the twins and slammed your head against the table, making the others look at you expectantly as they adjusted to your abrupt arrival.

"What's with you?" asked Tyler, who gave you a furrowed brow.

"What's with your face!" He raised his hands in defense as you responded quickly, staring at him and getting in his face.

"Dude can't you see? She's clearly tired." Taylor spoke as she placed her hand on your shoulder.

"Aren't we all? You're just being a big cry baby about it." Tyler said this as he and you exchanged glares before he was the first to look away.

"I'll remember that. Therefore, the next time a phantom appears, do not expect me to save you." You said, lowering your head once more as Taylor gently patted your back.

Then everything went quiet again. It became awkward, and the silence drove you insane because no one bothered to speak up or even try to bring up a subject.

"I think we should go back to Savannah." Tyler spoke unexpectedly, breaking the silence that once previously existed. Tyler had captured everyone's attention.

"I thought everyone agreed it was too dangerous." With a slightly anxious tone, Logan looked at Tyler before continuing.

"So what? We're just supposed to let things stay like they are?" Tyler spoke, his tone laced with a hint of irritation and rage.

"I'd rather be semi-stuck than permanently stuck." Ashlyn responds calmly.

"Well maybe if you have told us the truth from the beginning. We wouldn't be stuck at all!" Tyler replied, raising his voice, while you and Taylor exchanged glances.

"I already explained why I didn't-" Ashlyn attempted to defend herself before Aiden cut her off.

"Aren't you one to talk? You're the one that brushed it off as a prank and walked off." He says, glancing at Tyler. "If she had said anything. Would you have even believed her? With your personality I seriously doubt it." Tyler got up and slammed his hands on the table before Aiden could say anything else.

As Tyler starts to rant, you lift your head and sigh. You really wanted to stay home today, but Aunt Ma would have simply dragged you out of bed in any case.

As you glared at Tyler, other students nearby began to notice his shouting before you had a chance to intervene. Ben surprised everyone by slamming his fist against the table and signaled to Tyler to stop talking by putting his finger to his lips.

Tyler reluctantly sat down and looked down at the table. "If we don't go back to Savannah where this cycle begun. Then what else are we supposed to do?" He asked, everyone fell silent and no one knew what to respond with including Ashlyn who always had something in mind.

'Even after that unexpected outburst. It is understandable. If we go back, who knows if we will be able to stop this or if we will make things worse.' You thought as you looked around at everyone before lowering your head against the table.

Should we risk it?...

Two weeks ago

You were sitting in your room, sketching in your book and humming a simple melody. Sometimes you use drawings to brainstorm song ideas and ideas for the lyrics. You perform occasionally on the weekends at your aunt's bar, where your band is having great success.