Chapter 3 - Strange Lady

It was the day of the field trip, so you had arranged to get up early the following day to have enough time to get ready, eat breakfast, and assist Aunt Ma with any household chores before you had to board the bus.

When your alarm went off at four in the morning, you spent the first hour to shower, get dressed, and, with Aunt Ma's assistance, put your hair up in a braided bun. She insisted on doing this even though you did not want her to.

Oh yeah. Before she took over the family bar, she worked as a hair stylist. You save some cash for these kinds of occasions by working there occasionally as a severe and cleaner at the bar.

While you finished packing your day's worth of belongings, Aunt Ma went downstairs to prepare breakfast. You made sure to carry any essentials, like a portable charger, and emergency supplies for you and others in case you all get into an accident and forget to pack such things.

You carried your pocketknife as well. You can never be too careful, even if you did not think you would actually need it.

After hurrying downstairs to have breakfast with your aunt and checking the time on your phone, you had to say goodbye and head out, your backpack slung over your shoulder.

On the bus

When you finally boarded the bus, you were relieved to have a seat of your own and that you would not have to share with anyone the entire journey.

"Once we get to Savannah, you and your groups will have two hours to eat, go on tours, look at historic monuments, explore the area, goof off, etc." Mr Thomas had explained to everyone the plans once they arrive.

"After, we'll all meet up back up at the bus and head to the motels. Everyone who has a phone has added Mr. Lee's, Mrs. Sarah's, and my number correct?" Everybody he had asked had said simply "yes" in response.

"Alright, Then let's get this show on the road!" That was followed by a moment of silence, after which some people started chit-chatting and others just sat there going about their own business.

You listened to music and drew in your book during the rather dull ride. This was one way to keep yourself occupied so that you would not die of boredom.

There were a lot of artworks in your book, but you added a few brief remarks to each one. Maintaining a record of the drawing's purpose.

The meaning behind this particular drawing was rather depressing. You drew a woman standing behind people who appeared to be moving farther away from her and farther as they passed in front of her.

With a furrowed brow, you looked over the drawing and wrote a few notes with a pen before setting it down. The note reads, "It is almost as if no matter how hard I try, I can never catch up with anyone. They always appear to be a step ahead of me."

You heard someone call out to you from behind while you were planning to work on another page. It was Taylor, and she gave you a smile before presenting you with a rubix cube?

Thinking this would be a good way to take your mind off of your sketch and, more importantly, your entire journal. You started tampering with the toy because you needed to divert your attention.

In Savannah

When you reunited with your group following the bus ride, you noticed Ashlyn stretching and cracking her bones. You didn't say anything, It felt great to stand up after such a long ride.

'Now that I think about it. This place is kinda giving me the major creeps.' You continued to grip your book and thought.

You stood next to Logan as the others began to walk away until Aiden turned around to face Ashlyn.

"Hey Ash you coming?" He questioned as you saw her furrow her brow at the nickname, but you could not help but smile.

'Ash is a pretty cute nickname not going to lie. It suits her very well.' You thought to yourself until Logan spoke up.

"What should we do first?" The boy asked while Taylor brought up an idea.

"Well, we haven't eaten since we stopped for lunch a few hours ago. We can get some food and talk about what to do while we eat." suggested Taylor, to which Tyler answered "sure," and the others accepted the idea.

You guys are doing as planned, and then one of them made the decision to follow their path wherever it led. Seeing how many things there were to do was a lot of fun. You adored getting your face painted, and your cheeks were covered in tiny stars.

You decide to draw a picture of everyone while you are seated at the water fountain. It gave you a small smile, but then you heard a camera flashing and looked up to see Taylor standing near Tyler with a camera.

Your mouth is hanging open slightly, but it does not bother you too much. You decided not to be the one to spoil the mood because you were having fun and you were not the biggest picture taker.

"We have forty minutes left. Guess we should head back in thirty minutes then." Logan spoke until a lady called out to you all.

"Excuse me! Would you be interested in a tour of the Sorrel Weed House? A group canceled their tour last minute and now we have some empty spots if you guys are interested?" She explained while looking around the group, and you could not help but notice that everything about this was strange and random.

"Wait Really!?" Taylor spoke up with a huge grin on her face, turning to face the others. "This place is supposed to be really haunted! We gotta go!"

'Is this even allowed, can we really just jump into a place of someone else's cancelled reservation?' While the others started to accept the offer, you continued to think.

You respond with a slight nod so as not to be the one to seem like you were afraid. You could not help but think about the entire situation as you moved to stand next to Ben.

"Then right this way." The woman said this as she entered the house ahead of you and the other members of the group.

Whi ever this lady was she was not giving you a good vibe at all. Although this gave you strange feelings, you decided to follow the others' lead and assumed that you were simply overthinking the circumstances and that everything was fine as it was.

(I apologized for not updating sooner. I was so busy with testing and schoolwork that I completely forgot I needed to publish another chapter. Fear not chapter four will be released sometime this week as I am currently working on it. Even if it seems rushed, I hope you enjoy this chapter.)