Episode 13: Surrender

Next day,
Nurat's funeral takes place. Everyone is dressed in black. Mustafa is shattered and in disbelief. He is silent.

It was time for her coffin to be taken to the graves. Mustafa carries the coffin on one of the side.

He recalls the first time he saw Nurat when she came to his room. And then how she made him comfortable when he was in panic, and then how they fell in love with each other. He misses their moments in the garden and how they spend time with each other every night. How he saw her alive in the forest and then them having children. She was always there to support him. She died in his arms.

He helps to dig the grave for Nurat's coffin

He helps to dig the grave for Nurat's coffin. He looked sadly. And then it started raining heavily.
Mustafa looked on shattered.

Kosem comes there with an umbrella.

Kosem: Sultan Mustafa, you have been here for the whole dayz It's raining heavily now!

Mustafa: She was the only one who had faith in me no matter what. She was the light in my life. Now I am pulled back to darkness...I wish it was a nightmare and I open my eyes and see my Nurat alive.

Kosem: I know very well what you are going through. This is how I felt when I lost my Ahmed. But I had to be strong, for my children! Now, you have to do the same! Moreoever you are the Sultan, your state needs you!

Mustafa: I am not as strong as you, Kosem... Whenever I was down, Nurat got me up. Now there won't be anyone to do that. What will I do without her, Kosem?! I can't live without her!

Mustafa cries and Kosem tries to console him and hugs him.

Mustafa comes back to the Palace and the smile he used to carry is gone.

Ahmet and Aysun runs to Mustafa.

Ahmet(crying): Baba, I want mother!!! Please take me to her.

Mustafa: Your mother have went to a better place, Ahmet.

Ahmet: I wanted to go with her... Why she didn't take me!

Mustafa: Ahmet, if you are gone then who will take care of the palace when I am absent. You are a Sehzade, you must take care of everyone! Your mother have entrusted you. Take care of your sisters!

Ahmet: Okay, I will do it for mother! When she will be back, she will be happy!

Ahmet goes to sleep.

Mustafa becomes sad hearing this. How will he tell Ahmet that his mother is gone...forever.

Aysun: Baba...

Mustafa: Aysun..

Aysun: (crying) Mother is never coming back right?! I know she went to heaven. We will never see her!

Mustafa takes Aysun on his lap.

Mustafa: Allah liked your mother a lot, that's why she was taken early. (wipes her tears) You have to be strong like your mother. Ahmet and Isra needs you.