Episode 6: Destroyed

As the rock was about to hit Mustafa he finds someone protecting him. It was Nurat.

Nurat sneeked out of the palace covering her head with a scarf to look for Mustafa. She was getting really worried for him.

The rock hit Nurat's forehead instead of Mustafa and she gets a slight wound on her forehead.

Mustafa cries seeing this.

Nurat: (shouts at people) How dare you behave like this with your Sultan?

Guy: He is a mad Sultan!

Guy 2: He will destroy everything!

Nurat: Has he actually destroyed anything yet?! How can you all do this to a Sultan? Yes, its true the Sultan is unwell, but it doesn't give you the rights to behave like this with him.

Halime and Dilruba comes to the market after finding out what happened from Davut. They see Nurat talking to the public.

Guy: If he was born in some other family, no one would have cared about him. He was born in the Sultan's family, that's why he got the luxury and became Sultan by doing nothing!

Nurat: All of you think its a great thing to be born in the Sultan's family. Do you all know how many Sehzades got executed?! Their whole life they had a fear of losing their life.

Nurat: You say Sultan Mustafa is mad. He is mentally unstable and what not! But do you all know what your Sultan went through for years?! He was locked in a room for a decade! He grew up in locked doors. Despite living in the same palace as his mother and sister, he could not meet them.

Halime and Dilruba cries hearing this.

Nurat: He was finally released but he lost 10 years of his life, he lost his childhood. He became a Sultan suddenly after Sultan Ahmet's sudden death and despite challenges, he did what he could for the state. He stayed awake for nights to plan to improve the navy and resolve people's issues. He has his own problems but he didn't forget about the people. But still all of you complain that he is useless.

The public feels sorry.

Guy: I am sorry Hatun, we went too far. We should have understood the Sultan's situation.

Nurat: Let's go Sultan.

Nurat takes a scared Mustafa away.

She spots Halime and Dilruba.

Nurat: Valide, I am sorry...I couldn't resist when I found out the Sultan was missing.

Halime: Thank you Nurat. You did what we couldn't. You shared Mustafa's story and struggle so well. No one knew what my son went through all these years except for me and Dilruba. Someone had to tell them.

Halime hugs Nurat. Dilruba smiles. Mustafa is still not in his sense and acts confused.

Mustafa is taken back to the palace.

Palace,
Mustafa is resting on his bed.

Mustafa: Nurat, please stay here! I am afraid! They will kill me!

Nurat: Sultan, no one can kill you as long as I am there with you!

Mustafa: Am I a bad Sultan?!

Nurat: No, you are not.

Mustafa: No, I am. This is why they wanted to hit me with rocks. I disappointed the Pashas. I could not do anything. I am as good as a mad Sultan.

Mustafa cries and Nurat consoles him. She makes him rest his head on her lap and gets him fall asleep.