Episode 9: Truth

Next day morning,

Mustafa is working in his chamber and Mehmet barges in his chamber angrily.

Mehmet: How could you be so selfish, Uncle Mustafa?!

Mustafa: (confused) I don't understand. What are you talking abou, Mehmet?!

Mehmet: You and I know what we are talking about. Stop your acting!

Mustafa: Mehmet, get to the point!

Mehmet: You acted so merciful and innocent infront of everyone. This is how you got Sultan Osman to agree to everything. You don't care about anyone, not even Nurat who you claim to love so much!

Mustafa: Why are we talking about Nurat?

Mehmet: That day, Sultan Osman was attacked, you were the one who was behind this right?! She loved you that's why she agreed!

Mustafa: Mehmet, I will never want to harm Sultan Osman! I wasn't behind this!

Mehmet: Don't lie! I overheard Nurat's conversation with Meleksima just now. Meleksima said that it was you instead of her who went to attack the Sultan. Nurat took the blame to save your life!

Mustafa: How is that possible?! Wait...

Mustafa starts thinking and it is messing up his mind. He recalls him taking the knife to Osman's room.

Mehmet: You made your pregnant concubine attack Osman, and now you are acting all innocent. The poor girl will lose her life because of you!

Mehmet leaves angrily.

He quickly tries to find the knife. He isnt able to find it.

Mustafa: Where is the knife I used to keep with me safely?

He recalls how he saw Osman sleeping peacefully and then he tried to attack him with the knife. Nurat stopped him and took the knife from him and after that he was dragged by Dilruba and Menekse and then everything went dark.

Now Mustafa has started to connect the dots.

Mustafa: Dilruba...Menekse...they can confirm this?! Is it my hallucination? Or did this really happen?!

Mustafa understands Dilruba might not tell him the truth to protect him so he decides to meet Menekse.

Outside,
Mustafa: Davut Pasha, do you know where Menekse is?

Davut Pasha: (surprised) Why did you think of her suddenly? She is banished from the Palace. She isnt even in the Old Palace.

Mustafa: I need to know where she is.

Davut Pasha: But why?!

Mustafa: (lying) I was wondering it will be good for someone trustworthy to take care of Nurat at this time. Menekse will be right for this duty.

Davut Pasha: But will Kosem Sultan allow this?!

Mustafa: I will talk with her. She will listen to me.

Davut Pasha: I know where she stays. Halime Sultan meets her sometimes.

Davut Pasha takes Mustafa with an Aga to Menekse's house that Halime got her as Mustafa dresses up as a commoner. Menekse opens the door and gets surprised to see Mustafa.

Menekse: Sehzade Mustafa?! What a surprise, you and here?!

Mustafa gestures Davut to leave and Davut agrees but he is surprised.