12.0| Visionary

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪

"If you don't heal the scar,
you'll bleed on people
that didn't hurt you"

═══ ═══
Skyler's/ pov 2nd/p
(The whole chapter will
Be in his point of view)
Song: valentine- Laufey
(Songs are optional)
(Narrative chapter)
═══ ═══

Skyler Choi knew from the moment he laid his eyes on you that you were the one he wanted. He was purely enamored by you. His breath had been taken away and given back to him by force, and he felt it creep up his spine.

He loved it.

From the way your eyes glowed to the way your nose scrunched up when you smiled,. Skyler had never believed in love at first sight, but now it was all he could think about.

You were the only person he wanted to think about.

And he didn't hate it; in fact, you were something he'd pay to have on his mind at all times.

Which was insane, especially since Skyler always thought love at first sight was pure bullshit. Pardon his words, yet here you were and Areums friend, none the less.

It wasn't a bad thing that you were Areum's friend, or maybe it was, considering every friend that Areum had brought home was really trifling, always fake, or just deftly annoying, meaning he avoided them like the plague.

So the surprise on Skyler's face was immensely visible once you stood in front of him with a warm, gentle smile.

He could tell it was fake.

It was fake, yet he could still feel his voice choke up in his throat whenever you did, because it was beautiful... You were beautiful.

He wanted to see you really smile.

To be the one to make you really smile.

"Hi, I'm y/n nice to meet you," you said with that thin-lipped smile he couldn't get out of his head.

And god, your voice was beautiful—something he wanted to hear all the time to run every syllable and pitch through his fingers like a guitar.

When Skyler lifted his gaze to look at you directly, he felt a shiver run through his core, paralyzing him in a state of pure admiration.

"Ahem, yeah, no- I'm- I'm Skyler. Nice to uh meet you too," he said, stumbling over his words like never before, which was odd because he wasn't one to be shy or stutter, at least not anymore.

Areum raised a brow at her brother's behavior but shrugged it off quickly, pulling you away to her small space of a room, leaving Skyler lost like a small puppy.

It's not like Skyler hadn't expected it; you came here for Areum, so it was obvious you'd go off to leave with her, but even then, Skyler couldn't hide the slight disappointment in his face.

He wanted to see more of you, and he wanted to redeem himself for becoming a stuttering mess in front of you.

With a long, drawn-out sigh, Skyler dragged his feet towards the balcony and slouched into the small lawn chair.

The weather wasn't so bad for spring; yeah, pollen was infesting the air, and it rained a lot, but today was warm and sunny, much like a breezy summer day.

Willow, Skyler's cat, found itself nesting onto his lap with a small purr and a small wag of her tail, making Skyler smile softly as he ran his fingers through the willow's fur.

When they had moved to America, his mom was always away dealing with Areums monoplegia, and his dad was away making money for rent and Areums treatment, leaving Skyler all alone, which is why he had gotten gifted Willow.

His mom felt bad leaving him alone all the time.

The funny thing is that Skyler preferred to spend his time alone, yet he'd always make an exception for Willow.

The little kitten, who was now a full-grown cat, was his other half, believe it or not.

With the eerie sound of the balcony door opening, Skyler found his gaze stuck on you, and his heart shot up.

Spiking pitch by pitch.

You made your way beside him yet never looked at him; your eyes were trained on the sky, like you were examining every color that made it up and blending them together in your mind.

And then, then you looked at him.

Your face was bare, and by bare, he meant it no longer had that fake smile or the sign that you were trying to fit in inside a place that didn't need you to.

Your face was bare, with no lies written in red ink.

You sniffled a little as you rested your head on the railing of the balcony, still eyeing him as if you had no idea what to say to him or how.

And he felt the same.

"Can you tell me where the bathroom is? I tried asking Ari, but I got lost," you said bashfully, finally letting go of the railing and swaying awkwardly on your feet.

With a deep breath, Skyler gained the confidence to talk to you without being a stuttering mess or just not doing it at all.

"It's the second door to the left," he said, his voice warmer than he meant, but it came out of his lips like silk, none the less.

"Thank you," you said with a quick nod before leaving, and all Skyler could focus on was the way the door handle rattled slightly in your wake and the beating of his heart.

He felt warm.

He was extremely warm, and he felt himself let his thumb softly caress his cheek, only to see in the reflection of the glass door that they were red.

But even his shock didn't last long because before he knew it, you were back, and the glass door screeched slightly as it opened to reveal you once again.

You were back.
Why?

Willow bolted out of his lap, making its way to you, and curled up at your feet with a small purr, causing you to let out a smile and hold her in your arms.

A true smile.

Not the fake one you had earlier.

"I love your sister and all, but I need a break... Don't tell her that." You smiled, scratching the back of Willow's ears, and Sklyer could only be left in a state of awe.

Willow doesn't like strangers, yet here she was meowing and purring in your ear like you're her owner, not him.

"That's okay Areum's a bit much  sometimes." Skyler smiled, wanting to share the same gentleness you had, and with that, your smile turned into a toothy grin.

"We're the same age, right, Skyler? Why don't you tell me about yourself, but not too much? I don't want to keep Areum alone," you said teasingly, taking a seat next to him.

That was it, from your voice to the way you looked at him. Skyler knew you were going to be the death of him if he continued.

But he didn't care; if you were to stab him right now, he'd probably thank you.

You had him wrapped around his finger without even knowing.

"Yeah, but I'll only tell you about me if you do the same."

"Deal"