Chapter 41: failure

***LORENZO***
We landed a good 10km from where Alicìa  was. I didn't  want to risk  alerting them of our arrival. I was more than worried about her. I could feel myself beginning  to loose my mind over this.

"Hey , calm down little bro. I got you" said Luca placing his hand on my shoulder. "We'll  get your girl back. " He said before taking a gun and began inspecting it.

"Why are you helping  me ?" I finally asked him.

He stopped inspecting his gun and sighed.

"I had a wife. Her name was Princess" he said with a small smile resting on his lips reminiscing  whatever memory he had of her.

"2 years ago , she was in the same position as Alicìa  and I couldn't get to her on time. I'm just trying do right this time probably the guilt will be much less after this" he said and took the gun again and began loading the bullets into it.

"Don't just look at me. We've  got lots to do. Getting in is actually the hardest part" he said before walking towards the cars that had just showed up.

Once in the car I saw him continuously  typing on the tablet.

"We need to drive fast. They've started bidding on Alicìa  and it's really getting that high. We need to step on it" he said.

"And if they stop the bidding?"  Asked Mario and everyone looked at Luca waiting for his response.

He was looking at his tablet quietly as if he was calculating the  odds.

"Then we need  to make sure it doesn't happen" he said and tapped on the screen and a big red button that said 'BID' appear.

"The only way we can hold this off.  Is if I start bidding as well" he said and looked at me.

"I'm gonna need your permission  thou. If I win the bid I can select just how I want her to be killed. I can hold it of for about 2days tops. But in this case  it's only  IF I win"  he told me.

"That's better than nothing right?" Asked Mario looking at me.

"I need an answer Enzo" pushed Luca and I just nodded.

"Do it"

The moment he pressed bid  the screen changed and  all the bidders names came up on the screen.

Luca was right,  my enemies were present on this thing. 

"Remind me again. How are you on this thing?" I asked him and he just smiled.

"I mean  I did try killing you more than  once in public places. That made me be recognised as one of your strongest enemies out there. So yeah i got invited and here we are" he explained.

Everyone was buried in they're own thoughts. "Capo , were here." Informed the driver and I looked at the warehouse  10meters away from us.

"Tony , coordinate them on the plan. Get in and kill absolutely  everyone on sight-" but Luca cut me  short.

"But the bold man with a huge tattoo on the side of his head. Just do serious damage don't kill." He said and I looked at him questioningly but he completely  ignored me.

"Move in now" said Tony on the coms and everyone started advancing. Getting in was easy noone was at the entrance or  on the ground floor.

"This can't be an ambush , right ?" Asked Luca looking around with his gun ready to shoot.

"East Wing what you got?" Asked Mario on the  coms.

"It's clear  sir. Nothing this side."

"Alpha team?"

"Nothing"

Before we could ask the other teams a loud explosive was heard from the other side of the room.

We didn't waste anytime before we took to our heels  following the sound. Most of my men were down and some were helping them get up.

"Shit ,  Danielle is gone. We've gotta find Alicìa quick. I don't know how long I can keep on betting against this  thing.  We're  running out of time. They're cutting of people on this thing" he informed us as we ran through what seemed like an endless hole.

"Capo I've spotted the Donna and another lady. They're being dragged towards a helicopter on the roof I don't have  a clear shot" said one of my snipers

"Then what the fuck  am I paying you for ?" I yelled as I ran up the stairs that might just lead me to the buzzing of the helicopter.

"Someone get me eyes on them now!" I demanded and my heart throbbed , beating as if it would explode  anytime.

"Lorenzo gun" yelled Mario and I took cover as many bullets were being fired from the top.

Of course we couldn't shoot them. They had the upper hand.

"Someone get rid of them!" I yelled as I felt that every passing second was a risk right now.

She was being dragged to a helicopter.

I could loose her again today.

I can't risk that I don't  want that.

Just then the shooting stopped and then a smoke bomb was thrown down the stairs.

"The betting has stopped and the website has been locked. That can buy us sometime move" yelled Luca as he pushed me up the stairs completely ignoring the intoxicating  smoke that was covering the whole staircase.

Managing to  get to the top that bold headed guy was waving his gun in the air as the helicopter  took off.

"No !" I yelled out all my frustration.

"Tell me someone's tracking that  son of a  bitch" I yelled through the coms.

"We're on it Capo. However we can't be too careful. They might realise this and deactivate  their GPS so we're  sending the chopper to you now" replied one of my guys.

"We're  so close , very close matter of fact. I can't risk loosing eyes on her" I said looking at the chopper.

"Why isn't he going anywhere ?" Asked Mario.

"What ?"

"He's just flying  around keeping the chopper steady  in that position. He isn't moving" he said again. "Why?"

"Luca check that website again. What's going on ? " I asked him but he just showed it to me.

A black skull appeared on top of the   the sign that read 'WEBSITE CLOSE TILL FURTHER INVITE'

"Fuck" I cursed and pulled on my hair.

Never in my life have I been made to feel this useless. She's right there in that fucking helicopter  but I can't do anything.

"It's back on!" Yelled Luca

"It's a live feed"

I looked at the screen along with him and so did Mario.

Alicìa and who I might assum  to be  Samantha  were sitting in the chopper with their mouths gagged and hands tied.

Samantha looked heavily pregnant  and she was crying aimlessly.

Alicìa  had a huge wound with blood flowing from it just behind her ear.

I held my gun tightly in my hands looking at the sight , feeling a wave of rage hitting me wanting to rip open whoever is responsible for this.

"To those who are watching from the ground do look up. The view is  much nicer that way." said a voice

The moment we looked up other helicopter  appeared and was about at a hundred meter distance away from the other one.

Just then it fired a missile at the helicopter where Alicìa  was in and the screen went blank as the helicopter was engulfed in flames as it crushed to the ground.

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach as I watched the scene unfold infront of me.

I just lost , everything.

She's gone.

I failed her.