CHAPTER TEN

Reina Thingz

Reina Thingz

I wish I hadn't eaten the fish and chips. It's what made me vomit in Grayson's car. I will apologize to him when the term begins. He had acted well last night. I honestly thought that he would yell at me for vomiting in his car.

I woke up feeling hungry on Saturday. I got of bed to prepare something for myself. I could hear noise coming from the T.V in the living room. I wonder who is watching T.V at this time, it's 7: 48 a.m.

I found dad watching T.V. Dad, when did you come back?

"My flight landed in London two hours ago," he said. I arrived thirty minutes ago.

Welcome back.

"Do you know who is being interviewed on the news?" he asked. Roman Bekele!

Roman was on T.V. He was addressing reporters.

"I am not a Freemason," he said. My enemies were spreading malicious rumors about me because of the elections. I am a Protestant, I have always been since childhood. My opponents are using this claim to turn Christian and Muslim voters against me.

"Regererai Dube who owns NoirNectar is a supporter of Isla Walker. He is using his gossip site to help his candidate win," Roman said.

He was asked more questions by reporter which he answered articulately. I saw Jensen with him as he was leaving the interview. I was right that Jensen hadn't traveled because of the elections.

"Ade, I am preparing breakfast, tell Soren to get up," mom said. She was the kitchen,

What is for breakfast?

"Eggs, potatoes and some avocado," she said.

I knocked at Soren's door. Breakfast is ready!

"Welcome back, dad," Soren said. He had just come from his bedroom.

"How have you been?" dad asked.

"We have been fine," Soren said.

"Me, and your mother have some news for you," dad said.

"Do you remember that my grandfather died last year?" dad asked.

Yes!

"I was unable to go to the funeral," he said. I have decided that your mom and I are traveling to Sierra Leone to comfort my grandmother. Thereafter we shall go to Ghana to see your mom's relatives. I was raised by my grandparents after the death of my parents as you are aware. Grandfather was like my father, I need to go pay my respects.

"I have requested leave for some days to travel there," he said. We shall be back before you return to school.

"You're not going with us?" Soren asked.

"You can't come with us because I don't want the witchdoctor who killed my parents to see you," dad said. I have told you before that he is our neighbor. We fled the village because of him. My grandparents remained because they have their own spirits that protect them.